36. " Complications "

Toushiro sheathes his sword and approaches Momo to cure her. He reaches his hand to her but Momo gently takes it with both her hands and smiles at him.

"Thank goodness.... you're alright and thank you... Hitsugaya-kun for coming here to save me.", Momo said.

Tears form at the corner of her eyes when she realised her real feelings towards Toushiro.

"Hinamori.... what's wrong?", Toushiro asked in concern.

"Everything....", Momo mumbled.

"Huh?"

"Everything is wrong!", Momo said as she clenched her fists. "Because..... Hitsugaya-kun.... I.... like..... you....", she said as tears stream down her face.

Toushiro's eyes widen insurprise not knowing what to do or say. Momo knows that Toushiro also has feelings for Yuuki. She is confused as to what to do because Yuuki is also her friend and feels like she's betraying her. However, one thing is for certain, she can no longer hold back her overflowing feelings and engulfed him in a hug. Friendship over.

"Hinamori..... I-...", Toushiro mumbled.

He hesitantly hugs her back to try and comfort her. He doesn't know what to say so he just kept quiet. Miharu felt a twinge of sadness in her heart as she watches the two. She knows that her crush on Toushiro was nothing compared to Yuuki and Momo's strong feelings towards him.

After a short while, Miharu regains her composure and clears her throat to gain their attention. Momo quickly pulls away from him and covers her face with her hands in embarassment as she blushes heavily. Since she blurted out her real feelings, she was no longer sure how to act around him anymore. This is what she was afraid of.

"We should get going, everyone might be worried.", Miharu said trying to break off the awkward atmosphere around the two.

"Ah... r-right... l-let's go.... Shiro..... -chan...", Momo stammered.

"Y-Yeah...."

Toushiro didn't even remind her to address him properly since he has a lot more things in his mind. He doesn't know what to tell her since he too realised his own feelings for Yuuki. It's no longer about what he feels towards the other. It now about determining what kind of feelings he has for them. He was lost in his own thoughts that he didn't realised that they've already arrived at Ichigo's house, same goes for Momo.

"Hinamori.", Toushiro called.

"Y-Yes?!", Momo replied, a bit surprised by his sudden call.

"You should spend the night here. You've been through a lot. You need to rest, you can go back to Seireitei tomorrow instead. I'll ask Kurosaki first and explain the situation.", Toushiro said. In all honesty, he doesn't want to lose sight of her after everything that happened.

"O-Okay...", Momo said and suddenly felt tired.

Toushiro knocks on the door and Ichigo answers it. They came in and Toushiro explained everything. As expected, Ichigo agreed to let her stay after hearing their story. Momo will sleep on the extra bed while Toushirou decided to take the couch. It was more of a security reason since he'll be the first one to see whoever comes through the door. Thanks to the ordeal they went through earlier, the young captain was aware he was feeling a bit overprotective right now.

"By the way.... where did that girl go?", Momo asked as she looks around for Miharu.

"You mean Miharu? You're right, I didn't even notice her leave. I'm sure she's gone back home.", Toushiro said.

"I see.... I should thank her too before I get back tomorrow.", Momo said then a yawn escaped her lips. "Ah... I'm so tired... I should get some sleep now... oyasuminasai Hitsugaya-kun, Kurosaki-san."