6. " Shinigami Daikou "

Seven years later,

Yuuki grew up splendidly and led a normal life. As expected by her nursery school teacher, she skipped a grade not once but thrice. She's also the top honor student in every school she attended and is currently attending the same class as Ichigo. She also gained some friends over the years like Inoue Orihime who always tell her that they're supposed to be sisters but fate forgot about it so they're stuck as best friends. There's also Sado Yasutora, the tall and silent type who's also best friends with Ichigo. Lastly, Ishida Uryuu, the nerdy type whom she shares some common interests like sewing and books.

But everything's not perfect, since elementary she was given the nickname 'Ice Cold Princess' due to her cold demeanor. Only Ichigo and their friends know the reason why she's being cold to everyone. Despite all those, she was still very famous even among other schools due to her beauty and intelligence, most students secretly admire her.

However, she didn't like all the attention, that's why when she got accepted at Ichigo's school, she decided to change her appearance by being the silent and nerdy type, wearing black rimmed glasses and always reading a book like in those shoujo mangas she read. And it wasn't hard for her to get into character because on the first day of school she totally ignored everyone who tried to make coversation with her as she continues to read a book. Ever since then, nobody tried talk to her and just ignored her in which she preferred.

The bell rings so everyone went to their seats. Orihime came dashing as she enters the classroom.

"I made it! Yuuki-chan! Kurosaki-kun! Ohayo!", she greeted in her usual cheerfullness.

"Ah, Inoue, ohayo.", Ichigo greeted back.

Yuuki waves at her and smiles.

Uryuu and Yasutora enters the classroom right after Orihime.

"Ishida-kun! Sado-kun! Ohayo!", Orihime she greeted as well.

"Inoue-san, ohayo.", Uryuu greeted.

"Ohayo.", Yasutora simply said.

Yuuki and Orihime have been friends for the longest among the group. Ever since Orihime's brother died, Yuuki often visits her at home.

At school, Orihime, Ichigo, Uryuu, and Yasutora are the only ones who know about Yuuki's inability to speak. They're also the ones who openly talk to her. Aside from her friends, the teachers also knows about her condition and has agreed to keep it a secret as well. The reason why she's being cold to others, is aside from the unwanted attention she also doesn't want others to find out about her inability to speak. It put her in bad social situations so many times before and it ended up with her getting bullied. That's why she transferred to Karakura High School so that Ichigo can watch over her.

Yuuki usually uses a notebook to converse with friends when in public and uses sign language in private so that no one would notice, though Yasutora is still learning.

The day went on like usual for everyone and before they even noticed, the classes are over. Unbeknownst to them, their normal way of life is about to change.

Yuuki and Ichigo always go home together after school.

"Tadaima.", Ichigo said.

Isshin dashes towards them the moment he heard Ichigo.

"Ichigooo! Yuuki! Okaeriii!!!", he enthusiastically said as he jumps at Ichigo.

Ichigo simply dodges to the right making Isshin crash to the wall. He immediately recovered and is about to tackle Ichigo from behind but then Ichigo uses his bag to smack his face to the floor. Yuuki nonchalantly walks past them as if it's a daily routine.