9. " A Chance Encounter "

Two days later,

Upon waking up in an ufamiliar room, anxiety washes over Yuuki. She gets off the bed to peek through the window. Astounded by the unfamiliar scenery, she takes a step back and sits on the edge of the bed to try and figure out where she is. Then she notices her clothes has been changed into a pure white short-sleeved kosode. After a while, she started to slowly remember everything starting from being fatally injured by some kind of a monster to seeing Shiro again after 7 years. Everything was blank after that and now here she is, in an unfamiliar place. She snapped out from her thoughts when she heard some commotion outside. She decided to approach the door to investigate. She opens it slightly to peek through and was greeted by the sight of people wearing Shihakushos. They were so busy running around and treating the injured. Though her brain supplied that these people doesn't seem to cause any harm, anxiety still consumes her. Maybe because of the unfamiliar surroundings or the people or the not knowing, maybe all of it. Though there's one thing she knows for sure, and that is to get back home as soon as possible to tell Isshin and Ichigo about to Yuzu and Karin. With that firmly in mind, she uses the commotion to sneak out.

After successfully sneaking her way out, she finds herself walking along the corridors. Then she heard them before she saw them, two women are talking to each other coming to her direction. The only option for her to avoid being seen is to enter a random door to hide and that's exactly what she did.

Inside is a dimly lit room. There's a silhouette of a person sitting at the edge of the bed. The said person looks at her direction and approaches. Yuuki has no other choice but to pray that this person doesn't rat her out. Once she had a clear view of him, she can see grief within his features. Then she saw the color his eyes, red. She had witnessed bad things regarding it so she can't help but feel afraid.

"Are you here to check on me?", the man asked. "Don't worry, I'm still me. I'll keep holding on as long as I can. Has my family arrived?"

Yuuki realizes the situation he's in. Then she shakes her head no to answer his question.

She pats him on the shoulder in attempt to comfort him somehow. Then her hand glows and it spreads to the man until he is engulfed by the golden light. A shadow emits from his body and disperses. Silence hung in the air as the two look at each other with a surprised expression on their faces. He was left speechless, mouth agape.

(Oh no! What have I done?! Now I have to get out of here!), she thought and bowed deeply at him before running off.

She failed to notice that his eyes were slowly going back to normal brown ones.

Upon stepping out of the room,

"Watch out!!", a voice warned.

A moment later, Yamada Hanataro suddenly crashes into her. They both fell but Hanataro got up first and reaches his hand for her. Yuuki fell on her side and suddenly felt a burning sensation on her shoulder as her wound reopened. She grimaces in pain while Hanataro helps her sit up and saw her pale face. He expresses a surprised look upon seeing the blood on her shoulder.

"I'm so sorry! Are you alright?! I was in a hurry and you suddenly stepped outside the room so I didn't see you! You look badly hurt!", Hanataro frantically said and looks at the room she just came out from. "Wait.... this room is!", he said as he misread the situation.

He knows the man inside and thought he already lost control. That's why he thought she was running away from him but he already managed to hurt her. Hanataro cautiously peers inside the room to check.

"Stay here. I'll just go and check on him. I'll be right back!", he said to Yuuki.

Hanataro fully steps inside and closed the door while Yuuki endured the pain and runs away before he gets back.