30. " Light x Dark "

A couple of hours pass by but the rain has no sign of letting up.

(*sigh*) "It's starting to get dark.", Yuuki said.

"I guess we have no choice but to search again tomorrow.", Toushiro said.

"Then I'll go make supper, is there anything you like?"

"Anything is fine."

(*chuckles*) "It's a good thing you're not picky about food, dad always tell me to cook vegetables and Ichi-nii always complain why there's no meat."

"Should I help? I mean you're still recovering."

"Nah, I'm feeling a lot better after a short walk. You're a guest here so you should just relax."

Then they suddenly heard a noise upstairs.

"That might be Ichi-nii!", Yuuki exclaimed.

Yuuki rushes upstairs.

"Yuuki, wait!", Toushiro said as he grabs her by the arm.

"What is it?"

"I still can't sense Kurosaki's Reiatsu, it might be anyone. Stay here I'll go check it out."

"O-Okay..."

Toushiro cautiously goes upstairs to check on the intruder. The noise was coming from Yuuki's room. He slams door open and saw someone's shadow.

"Who's there?!", he exclaimed.

"Kyaaahhhh!!!", the stranger screamed.

"Wha- its you!", Toushiro said.

Miharu was on the verge of tears when she got startled by Toushiro.

"Eh? Who are you? This is Yuu-chan's house! What are you doing here?!", Miharu said.

"I should be the one asking you that! And we met this morning.... you didn't even notice me, did you?", Toushiro said with an annoyed look on his face.

"Mii-chan?! What are you doing in my room?", Yuuki asked as she peeks her head at the door.

"Yuu-chan!!", Miharu happily said as she charges at her.

Yuuki deftly dodges to the side making Miharu faceplant to the wall.

"Owww.... Yuu-chan why are you always like this?"

"It's because you're like that that I'm like this.", Yuuki bluntly said.

(*sweat drop*) "What are you doing sneaking in people's room anyways?", Toushiro asked.

"Well.... I was just curious how Yuu-chan lived her life after all these years. I wanted to find some of here photos at least."

(*sigh*) "You could've just asked you know.",Yuuki said.

"You seem to be unwell when I visited you this morning so I didn't want to bother you."

"That doesn't mean you can sneak in people's houses.", Yuuki said.

"I'm sorry.... but I really wanted to know."

"Then I'll show you some after supper.", Yuuki said as she pats her head.

"Yaay!"

Toushiro smiles lightly as he looks at the two. As the trio eat dinner, they start to talk about the past.

"You really haven't changed a bit, sneaking in people's houses and sometimes pranking them.", Yuuki said.

"It's because they were so mean so they deserve it.", Miharu said.