16. " Missing Again "

Rangiku takes the finished documents from Toushirou's desk. "I'm just going to take these to the Head Captain. If he wakes up while I'm not around can you tell him that I'll be going to the human world? The Head Captain ordered me to ask for Urahara-san's help. Kuchiki Rukia is there right now helping him out."

Yuuki nodded in response.

Rangiku said her thanks before leaving the room.

Shortly after Rangiku left, Yuuki lays down on the couch and closes her eyes. (Might as well take a nap.), she thought.

Yuuki didn't know how long she slept but when she woke up, the was a blanket draped on her. It seems to be the same one she put on Toushirou earlier.

"Had a nice nap?", Toushirou asked with an amused undertone.

Yuuki rubs her eyes and sat up still half-asleep.

Toushirou abandoned his half finished paperwork to sit beside her. "Hinamori told me you have someth-"

(*BAM!!!*)

The young captain was cut off upon hearing the sudden loud noise. His head whirled at Yuuki with a surprised look on his face. Due to her drowsiness, she hit her forehead on the table. The pain made her fully awake. With a pained groan, she rubs her forehead. Toushirou suddenly bursts out laughing while Yuuki blushes in embarrassment.

"You're bad at waking up.", Toushirou said while laughing.

Yuuki puffs her cheeks in annoyance. When he finally stops laughing, she noticed that his mood improved as he smiled. Her heart skipped a beat upon seeing him laugh and smile. Then the door suddenly slammed open. Ichigo stepped in and made a beeline towards Yuuki. Without warning, he carried her over his shoulder. Yuuki cried in surprise. Ichigo left the room without a word or acknowledging the young captain's presence. Toushirou snapped out of his confusion and went after them.

"H-Hey! Kurosaki! What are you doing?", Toushirou questioned.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I told you to stay away from her didn't I?", Ichigo said.

Toushirou tried to make his tone light. "You're still on about that? Where are you taking her anyway?"

Ichigo stopped in his tracks and looked at him irritatedly. Thus, a comical argument erupted between the two.

An irk mark appeared on Ichigo's head. "S-Shut up you precocious little brat! We're going back to the human world!"

Being called brat irked the young captain. "It's Hitsugaya-taichou! Don't call me a brat!"

"Whatever! We're going back and that's that!", Ichigo exclaimed.

Toushirou was about to talk back but whatever response he had was stuck in his throat as Kenpachi appeared.

Kenpachi suddenly popped out of nowhere pointing his blade at Ichigo. "Yo! Ichigo! If you're feeling better now then let's fight!"

That was the only warning Ichigo got as Kenpachi charges at him. Ichigo sidestepped to dodge and puts Yuuki down. "Are you serious?! You almost killed me!"

"You won't die just from that.", Kenpachi smirked and lunges at Ichigo again.

"W-Wait! Kenpachi!", Ichigo exclaimed. He had no other choice but to draw his sword to parry his attack.

Thus a brawl erupted between the two.

"Hahaha! That's more like it!", Kenpachi enthusiastically said.

The two swung at each other, damaging the area in the process.

"Hey! If you are going to fight do it in the training hall! You'll wreck my office!", Toushirou yelled with an irritated look on his face.