45. " Camaraderie "

While Toushiro was busy fighting the Shikigami, Yuuki waits for a chance to sneak out. However, Toushiro easily overpowers it because she doesn't give it enough blood since she doesn't want it to accidentally hurt him.

(*sweat drop*) (Face it Yuuki... he's one of your weaknesses...), Yuuki thought as she sighs.

"You can't escape from me.", Toushiro sternly said. "Now speak up... what are you trying to do here?", he asked.

(Time to execute plan C then...)

Yuuki conjures her sword, seeing this, Toushiro takes on a fighting stance.

"So you're going to fight me? Alright then... come at me."

Yuuki throws her sword in front of him as sign of surrender. Toushiro was surprised but quickly regains his composure and sheathes his sword.

"Come with me then, we need to stop your comrade first.", Toushiro calmly said.

Yuuki signals him to stop and gives him a paper talisman. Toushiro carefully takes it, he didn't know why but he strongly felt that he can trust her. Once he touched it, a white pillar of light shines brightly and soars to the sky. Nagisa and the rest knew what it meant and makes their way to her. Nagisa who won the fight tied up Ichigo and takes him with her.

Meanwhile Yuuki sits on the ground to wait for them.

"What you doing?", Toushiro asked.

"Waiting for my friends, they'll be here in a minute.", Yuuki said, her voice muffled due to the mask.

"So what are you guys doing? I noticed that no one was seriously hurt, only minor injuries. Is it safe for me to presume that you're not here with ill intentions?"

"Actually... if you don't consider breaking someone out of prison a 'ill intention' then yes.", Yuuki calmly said. "We should save this conversation for later, I want to have a talk with the Head Captain as well."

A few more minutes later, Masahiko arrives.

"Oh... Purple is here. You're the first one to arrive.", Yuuki said.

"Purple?", Toushiro asked.

"Our code names are colors.", Yuuki said.

"You got caught pretty easily didn't you, Gold?", Masahiko said.

Their code names are based on the color of their eyes.

"I didn't get caught! I.... surrendered.....", Yuuki said.

"Surrendered because of love, I presume...", Masahiko teasingly said.

(*sweat drop*) "What are you blabbering about?", Toushiro asked as he blushes slightly. (Wait... why am I even blushing?!), he thought.

(*cross popping veins*) "Purple... do you want me to order you to commit seppuku right here and now just so you can shut up?", Yuuki said with an irritated look on her face behind the mask.

"I'll shut up now...", Masahiko nervously said.

Nagisa arrives shortly afterwards carrying a tied up Ichigo like a sack of potatoes.

(*sweat drop*) "Umm.... Violet... what are you doing to him?", Yuuki asked.

"Well... I didn't expect him to show up so I brought him here.", Nagisa said.

"I think the real reason you brought him along was to be your personal navigator, didn't you?", Masahiko said.

"W-What?! O-Of course not!", Nagisa stammered.