20. " Confession "

As Haru slowly reaches his hand to Yuuki, fear suddenly struck her as an image of a woman covered in blood just like her dream years ago came to her mind. Instinctively, she slapped his hand away. Haru and Toushiro were both taken aback at her sudden action and saw fear in her eyes.

"What's wrong?", Haru asked.

"I-I... sorry... excuse me a bit...", Yuuki said as she starts to hyperventilate and steps outside.

The two watch as she walks away and looks at each other.

"Toushiro...", Haru simply said.

(*sighs*) "Okay...", Toushiro said as he figured what Haru wants him to do.

He rose up from his seat and follows Yuuki. She was just outside, deep in thought with a sad look on her face.

"Yuuki?", Toushiro called in a low tone of voice.

She didn't respond so he walks in front of her without facing her. Knowing that she might not want to be seen at her current state.

"Your brother wanted me to check on you... though he might have done it himself. So.... what's wrong?", he asked.

Yuuki presses her face against his back and clutched onto his clothes which made his heart beat faster.

"I... don't know, for some reason I just........ it's nothing..... it's nothing..... nothing....", Yuuki said with trembling voice.

(It doesn't seem like its nothing though....), Toushiro thought as he felt her trembling hands and tightened her grip.

Both were silent for a while, Toushiro was waiting for her to calm down. Then Yuuki lets go and steps back a little.

"If you're not going to or ready to tell me I understand, but we should get back inside.", Toushiro gently said as he faces her.

He stretches his hand to her and she took his hand without hesitation.

(What is this feeling? When I'm with Shiro I feel calm. My worries to fade away.....and his hand... feels pleasantly warm.), Yuuki thought.

She nods and they both went back to the room where Haru was waiting.

"Yuuki, I understand if you're still not ready. Shinjo-niisan won't make a move for a while. For now I can still manage to stabilize the monoliths and the seal. However it's causing me to use almost all of my powers so I'm in no condition to fight.", Haru said.

"I'm sorry, Haru-nii, please give some time."

"I understand how you feel, given this huge responsibility to bear at such a young age. But you are not alone, remember that......", Haru gently said. "So then, that's all I can tell you. I know this reunion is a bit short lived but I have to go."

"Go where?", Toushiro and Yuuki both asked.

"I have to check up on the monoliths to make sure everything is still okay, like a maintenance check."

"When will you come back?", Yuuki asked.

"I'm not sure either, traveling between four worlds isn't as easy as riding an airplane. Last time it took me more than twenty years."

"That long??", Yuuki said with a sad look on her face.

"I don't have the ability to travel between worlds so I just have to do it the hard way. Besides, I know you can handle things from here on out. You just have faith in yourself just as others have faith in you.", Haru said as he pats her on the head.

"I'm sorry for making things harder for you."

"No, don't be, as a matter of fact, as an older brother, I wish that I could take all of the responsibilities fate has given you....", Haru said. "I'm a bit pressed for time, my companions are waiting for me."