29. " The Twelve Honoured Knights "

Yasutora empathizes with Orihime as he remembers how Ichigo behaved before the fight.

"Inoue, there are things only you can do. You don't have to force yourself in joining the fight, instead you can find other ways to help.", Yasutora said.

"....maybe you're right, fighting isn't one of my strong points anyway. For now, I'll just do what I can.", Orihime said.

******

The next morning, upon waking up, Toushiro abruptly sits up and surveys his surroundings.

(This is Inoue's room..... that's right.... last night two Arrancars attacked us.), Toushiro thought.

He searches his body for injuries but it was completely healed.

(Inoue must've healed my wounds when I lost consciouness.)

After a short while he finally notices Yuuki sleeping beside him. Stunned, he slowly gets off the bed, he covered his mouth and blushes heavily.

(Wha-wha-wha-what's Yuuki doing on the same bed as me?!), Toushiro frantically thought.

Then he heard someone yawn, Orihime just woke up, she has fallen asleep on the floor beside Yuuki. She gets up and rubs her eyes then saw Toushiro.

"Oh! Toushiro-kun, you're awake.... ohayo." (*yawn*)

"O-Ohayo....", Toushiro said. "What happened after I passed out?", he asked as he managed to regain his composure.

Orihime told him what happened afterwards. He places his palm on Yuuki's forehead and checks to see if she has a fever.

"I'll prepare breakfast before everyone else wakes up. If Yuuki-chan or Sado-kun wakes up just tell me, okay?", Orihime said.

"Sado?", Toushiro asked.

She points at Yasutora sleeping at the corner of the room with a blanket draped over him. When Orihime left the room, Toushiro carefully sits on the edge of the bed and ponders for a while.

(Espadas..... unless we do something winning is next to impossible for us.), he thought.

Yuuki wakes up shortly afterwards and saw deep in thought.

"Shiro... ohayo.", Yuuki said.

A bit surprised, he looks at her.

"Ohayo... how are you feeling?"

"I still feel a bit tired. How about your injuries?"

"Inoue already healed them. If you're still feeling tired then you should rest some more."

"Did Ichi-nii came back?"

"I don't know, I woke up just a short while ago."

Yuuki abruptly tried to stand but stumbles the moment her feet touched the floor. Toushiro rushes to help her and Yasutora woke up from the noise.

"You okay?", Toushiro asked.

"....yeah... I don't seem to have any strength."

"What happened?", Yasutora asked.

"I just tripped. Sorry, did I wake you?", Yuuki said.

"It's fine."

Toushiro helps her sit on the bed.

"Thank you...."

"Rest up for a bit, I'm gonna tell Inoue that you guys woke up.", Toushiro said.

"Okay."

"I'll go with you, I'm going back home anyways.", Yasutora said.

As the two leave Yuuki ponders for a while.