21. " Confusion "

Toushirou remembered the numerous times Mayuri tried to dissect and experiment on him the moment he found out that he can kill Chained Hollows and doesn't get corrupted even when injured severely by them.

Yuuki didn't fail to notice his uneasiness. "W-Why?"

"He's scary and dangerous to begin with. Specially when he's curious about something.", the young captain said. Though he didn't mention how the 12th division captain sometimes creeped him out.

"Just like Zaraki-san?", Yuuki questioned nervously.

Toushirou shakes his head no. "It's different than Zaraki's case."

Yuuki titlted her head and frowned in confusion. "I don't get it..."

"I think it's best for you not to go near him.", the young captain advised instead.

Yuuki nodded albiet hesitantly. "O-Okay... if you say so."

"How rude... you talk about me like I'm some sort of a criminal.", a voice said.

The two whipped their heads to where they heard the voice and saw Mayuri and Nemu standing at the corridor.

"Kurotsuchi... what are you doing here?", Toushirou questioned firmly.

"They said you were here, and by you I mean Ichigo's little sister.", Mayuri said. It either he ignored the young captain or didn't care.

Though Toushirou was insistent. "What do you want with her?"

"I'm talking to her, not you.", the 12th division captain stated plainly.

Toushirou's eyes narrowed challengingly. "You're in my turf so I can talk to whoever I want and ask them to leave whenever I want."

"Psh! Cocky little brat.....", Mayuri grumbled. "I just came to get her."

Crossing his arms, the young captain asked, "Why?"

An irk mark appeared on Mayuri's head. "You ask too many questions. Hey, Ichigo's little sister! Let's go."

Yuuki flinched in surprise. "I-It's Yuuki, sir... ummm... ma-may I ask where are we going?", she asked nervously.

The 12th division captain grinned mischievously. "What a silly question, to my lab of course!"

Knowing Mayuri's intentions, Toushirou intervened sternly. "If you want her then you have to ask for the permission of the Head Captain first."

"I already did and he agreed.", the 12th division captain lets out a discontented sigh. "I mean, no matter how much I wanted to dissect her, they only agreed to let me take some blood sample. Creating a cure isn't my thing.", he said it like as if it was a normal thing in the world.

All the blood drained on Yuuki's face upon hearing his words. "D-D-D-Dissect me?! Is he for real?!", she questioned no one in particular.

Toushirou was the one who answered. "He always say that when he takes an interest on someone or something."

Yuuki's shoulders sagged in resignation. "I think I get it now... what you said earlier I mean..."

The statement was directed at Toushirou who addresses Mayuri saying, "As the Head Captain said, she's still under my custody. So I'll ask one of my men to accompany her just in case."

"J-Just in case of what?", Yuuki questioned, eyes darting between the young captain and Mayuri nervously.

"Just in case he overdoes things....", Toushirou mumbled. "Saotome!", he called.

A Shinigami suddenly appeared before them. "Sir!", he responded, peady to recieve an order.

"Go with them, report to me immediately in case Kurotsuchi goes beyond taking blood sample.", Toushirou ordered.