12. " The Sacred Jewel of Soul "

Yuuki and Haru silently lisntens to Shinjo's story

"What did the goddess look like?", Yuuki asked.

"I'm not sure but they said she has golden eyes and has long blonde hair just like the sun. She also has beautiful pair of wings and is said to be the most powerful goddess of all."

"Golden eyes... like both our eyes?"

"Yes, just like ours. Anyway, the purpose of the monoliths was to create a barrier to support each world. That way the five worlds would remain separated. However, it wasn't enough, the Abyss was too powerful to be contained. So she added five jewels to support the five monoliths but it was only a temporary solution. She knows the jewels and the monoliths will soon reach their limits. Due to all her powers restrained by the jewels, she became mortal. Over the years as she grows older she thought that if she were to die, no one will ever escape destruction as the worlds start converge again. So one day with all her powers, she made a jewel by sacrificing everything, her powers, her memories, her life and her soul that will be trapped within the jewel after her death. Thus, the Sacred Jewel of Soul was born and became the medium between worlds. It's also the only thing giving power to support the five other jewels making them indestructible with its limitless powers. Before dying the goddess made a wish upon the jewel. Her wish was to be forgotten by everyone, as if she never existed."

Yuuki suddenly cried out loud and the two became flustered.

"Y-Yuuki what's wrong?", Haru asked.

"It felt like she gave up everything even her own existence, it's just too sad. Why would she want to be forgotten? Sacrificing her powers and her life wasn't enough?"

"It is said that she loved a mortal, that mortal told her that if she were to die then he won't hesitate and follow her immediately to death. She probably didn't want him to die because she knows that she will be trapped within the jewel. So they will never be together even after death. The only thing she can do is to give him a future.", Shinjo calmly said.

"Yuuki, cheer up it's just a story, you know that not all stories have a happy ending. You also cried when you heard the story of the Little Mermaid. Let's think of it like this, the jewel is made out of love and love comes with selflessness. The goddess loved everything around her especially humans. She never lost sight of the things that are important that's why she able to do those things without fear. And as to why the she wished to be forgotten? Only she knows the real reason, but I think she never regretted what she did.", Haru softly said.

"Okay, but that story seems different. Ah! I know, Shinjo-nii must've made it up I'm sure there's more to it. Just like what mom does, she makes stories up and continues it the next day. Shinjo-nii, are you back home for good?"

"No, I won't stay long, but you're right there's more to it, don't worry Haru will continue the story."

Yuuki frowns.

"We're home.", their mom said as they arrive.

The three rose up from their seats and greeted their parents.

*******

Yuuki woke up from her dream and recalled everything that happened.

(How long was I out this time? I should tell Shiro about this. I think I might have an idea how to cure the Chained Hollow victims now.), she thought as she gets up.

While standing up she suddenly saw a vague memory of someone with the same features as Shinjo except that his eyes were blood red and was holding a sword while smiling at her wickedly.