22. " Vasto Lorde "

Momo and Rangiku were chatting when Toushirou came in and asked what they were talking about.

"Oh nothing interesting...", Rangiku said.

"We were just chatting... you know...", Momo shrugs. "...girl's stuff."

"Right... you sure you should be chatting when you still have pile of workload on your desk?", Toushirou said with an annoyed look on his face as he looks at Rangiku.

"I-I was just taking a break.", Rangiku said.

An irk mark appeared on the young captain's head. "You're break is now over, so get back to work!"

Rangiku sighs. "Hai...."

"W-Well... I guess I should leave you with your work now...", Momo said.

She turns to leave but,

"Hinamori.", Toushirou called.

Momo looks at him over her shoulder expressing a questioning look. "Hai?"

"What brings you here?", Toushirou asked.

Momo turns fully to face him. "Ohh... I just came to visit. I thought Yuuki-chan was still here so I just wanted to have a little chat."

"I see... well since you're here why don't you relax for a while. I know you've been working nonstop.", a sigh escapes the young captain's lips. "I wish Matsumoto can be as diligent as you."

Momo blushes, it was rare for him to compliment her. She was used to being teased by him most of the time. If this is due to Yuuki's influence, she likes it. "Okay, thanks Shiro-chan. I'll go make some tea then, you deserve a break too."

"It's Hitsugaya-taichou....", Toushirou corrected feebly.

*******

The next day at the Kurosaki Clinic. Ichigo and Yuuki were busy preparing for Isshin's 'Welcome Home' party.

"Phew! All done!", Yuuki happily said.

"Yeah, all we have to do now is to wait for dad. He'll arrive in about an hour...", Ichigo said.

Just as Ichigo speaks the door suddenly slams open. The siblings whirled around and saw their father frozen by the doorway.

Upon seeing Yuuki, Isshin sighs in relief and hugs her tightly. "I've missed you.", he tried stop himself from crying.

"I've missed you too.", Yuuki said and hugs him back.

Isshin pulls away to look at her. "Ichigo told me that you can speak now so I hurried back so that I can finally hear your voice. I was really excited."

"It won't be the last time you'll be hearing it. I can finally say thank you for everything with my own voice. I love you daddy, Ichi-nii.", Yuuki said and smiles brightly at them.

The father and son can't help but smile back at her. Then Ichigo signaled Yuuki and nods.

"Welcome Home!!", they both cheerfully said.

"I'm home!", Isshin said happily and grins.

The Kurosaki family spent the rest of the day together making up for the times they were apart.

"Oh! That's right, Yuuki what about school? They know that you went missing but that doesn't save you from make-up classes.", Isshin said while eating dinner.

"Dad, knowing her, she won't even need make-up classes.", Ichigo said.

"That's true.", Isshin proudly said.