28. " Espada "

Toushiro, Yuuki and Rangiku were fighting against the Arrancars, Shawlong and Nakeem. Shawlong expresses a surprised look upon seeing Yuuki beside Toushiro when his attack on her failed.

"Since you started to power-up.... you were a bit busy talking to Shiro so I made my move.", Yuuki said.

"Even if that was the case I still would've noticed you even if you used Shunpo.", Shawlong said.

"I didn't, I just walked.", Yuuki said.

"..... just walked?...... you say..... don't mess with me!!!", Shawlong angrily yelled.

"I'm not!"

"Then how?!!"

"I think telling you isn't a good idea so you just have to figure it out yourself."

"I see... then I shall deal with you first!!", Shawlong said.

Shawlong cuts off his claws to free himself from the ice and charges at her. The claws he severed regenerates as he attacks. Toushiro got in between them and parries his attack.

"I won't let you, not while I'm still around.", Toushiro said.

"We'll see about that..."

Shawlong uses his other hand and throws Toushiro to the side.

"Shiro!!", Yuuki worriedly yelled.

"You should worry about yourself first.", Shawlong said and lunges at her again.

"Bankai!! Daiguren Hyorimaru!"

An ice dragon hurls towards Shawlong but he easily managed to cut it in half. Toushiro lessens the gap between them when Shalong got distracted.

"Hyoryu Senbi!"

(So the ice dragon was just a distraction. He's analyzing my moves moves well.), Shawlong thought.

He dodges upwards, away from his attack. Toushiro shifts his sword upwards.

"Zekku!!", he yelled.

The ice from Hyoryu Senbi surges after Shawlong.

"Is that all you got?!!", Shawlong said.

Shawlong attacks the ice daggers that were fired at him shattering them into pieces then he proceeds to attack Toushiro. Using his wings as a shield, Toushiro blocks Shawlong's attack. Then the ice that was shattered into pieces a moment ago rained upon them. Toushiro was safe with his wings but Shawlong took some damage and impales him in several places. He looks to where the attack came from and saw a mirror in mid-air. Then he searches for Yuuki knowing that it could one of her techniques. It turns out he was right, the mirror came down to Yuuki's hands then shattered. She then falls to her knees, panting.

(Even if Shiro is only using twenty percent of his powers, I was still barely able to withstand it. The mirror's capacity to absorb attacks depends on my powers as well, plus my hands are starting to get numb... Amaterasu, what's happening?), Yuuki thought.

The mirror's ability is to absorb attacks and reflect it with twice its power. However, the bearer must withstand the attack with their own powers, if not then the bearer will sustain serious injuries. It's like a double-edged sword so Yuuki rarely uses it.

(It's a sign that your powers are unstable.), Amaterasu telepathically said.

(What do you mean?)

(We both haven't used our powers for such a long time. I'm still recuperating while your body can't keep up.)

(What will happen if I continue this fight?)

(You might lose them.)

*******