Safety

• Dedicated to Dirt and Roses.

He let go of Savannah (she had changed by now), and fell to his knees.

Savannah struggled to her feet, and then bent over and tried to drag Loki up. He was bloody heavy, though, and it was futile. So she crouched down, and whispered into his ear.

'Loki, we need to get out of here. Ravennha's not coming back, and I think there are more crabs coming.'

He moaned in reply.

'Can you get up? We have to find shelter.'

'I'll try,' he muttered, and once he was upright, he started to walk towards the nearest buildings. After the first few feet, he stopped, swayed, took a staggering step, and came crashing to his knees once more. Savannah limped as quickly as she could to him, one hand pressed tightly to her side to try and staunch the blood-flow.

'Loki, what happened to you?'

'I'm fine, just ... tired.'

'But you slept for three whole days, and only just woke up. Be honest with me.'

'It's complicated.'

Savannah sighed, and then winced. She was sure the wound had just gotten bigger, and she would have to remember to take smaller breaths.

'Come on, Loki, we need to get to safety.'

'I'll be fine here, you should go.'

'I'm not leaving you, you're obviously not okay.'

'Just ... go.'

'No.'

'You are stubborn.'

'Like you, then.'

'Savannah, I will never forgive myself if something happens to you. I can defend myself, you can't.'

'I just can't leave you.'

'Yes you can, and you will.'

'Make me.'

'Please, get to safety, I'll be fine.'

'Promise?'

'Promise.'

'Y'know, for the God of Lies, you are the worst liar ever.'

'That's because I don't like lying to you. But, please, Savannah, go. If something happens to you, I don't think I'll be able to live with myself.'

'Then how do you think I feel?'