Abstention

• Dedicated to Musicals.

'Where is the Lady 'Vannah and my brother?' a familiar voice boomed.

At least Thor was here, even if he was earsplittingly loud. Soon after, Steve arrived, out of breath and slightly sweaty.

Savannah pulled herself up, with help from Thor, and smiled weakly at them.

'Right,' she said, 'Who's taking Loki?'

'I will,' said Thor.

'Okay, but Tony has to help you,' she said.

'Wait, what?' Tony complained.

'Thor flies with one hand, because of Mjolnir, and I don't want to run the risk of him dropping Loki.' Savannah explained.

'I would not drop my brother, Lady 'Vannah.'

'Of course you won't. Because Tony will be helping you.'

'Am I taking Savannah then?' asked Steve.

'Yes,' she replied.

Thor and Tony flew, which is why they arrived before Steve and Savannah. By the time they had gotten there, Thor had set Loki down in his bedroom, and they were waiting for them downstairs.

'I fear my brother has overexerted his magic,' Thor said. 'He will be fine, in due time, but for the moment, he requires rest.'

'Is there anything I can do to help?' asked Savannah.

'The best course of action would be to make sure that Loki abstains from practising his magicks.'

'Okay, thanks you guys,'

And with that Savannah made her way towards Loki's room.

'Hey, Loki, how are you doing?'

'Better, but I'm still exhausted.'

'Come on then, let's get some sleep.'

'But we have to work on your memory again.'

For a few weeks, Loki had been sending pulses of concentrated magic through Savannah's body in an attempt to restore her memory. In hindsight, it was probably why he had overexerted himself in the first place. It also explained why he'd practically become a vegetable the first time he performed the spell. Then Savannah wondered how much strain he had put himself under for her sake.

Maybe he did truly care for her.