Fuzzy Little Things

Contrary to popular belief, the Yeti were not huge hairy creatures, but actually rather small, fuzzy little things. Loki had warned her that they might be vicious, though. She found it hard to believe, when they reminded her so much of Sparkles, her coveted teddy-bear that no one, not even Loki knew existed. In fact, she doubted that JARVIS knew that she had a stuffed toy, so secretive was she with it. They spoke a different language, so, once again, Savannah was forced to take a back-seat.

Loki bent over to speak to them, but was still too tall. Instead, he crouched next to the largest (presumably the leader), and leaned forward a little, making peculiar clicking sounds in the back of his throat. The Leader then replied, in the odd clicky language that they used. It was strange, to see Loki doing that, communicating with creatures that were so very different. Savannah briefly wondered if Loki was good with children. He seemed to be amazing at everything else. The Leader nodded his (?) head eagerly, and made a signal to the Yeti at his right side. The Yeti scurried off, soon returning with a wooden stick that was almost as big as it. The Yeti passed it to the Yeti Leader, who, in turn, passed it to Loki. Loki nodded, and straightened up abruptly, dwarfing everyone (including Savannah) once more.

He turned to Savannah, still holding the stick, which looked as ridiculously small in his hands, as it looked ridiculously large in the hands of the Yeti.

'Here,' he said, offering it to Savannah, 'Hold this for a second.'

She reached out for it, and very nearly dropped it.

It was much heavier than it looked.

'Loki?'

'Yes?'

'What is the density of this thing?'

'You wouldn't believe me if I told you.'

'Try me.'

He was right. She didn't believe him.