Crumpets

• Dedicated to Crumpets, what else?

Thirteen hours later, Savannah lifted her face from her pillow. Her body felt stiff, as if she'd slept in an awkward position. Looking down, she saw her legs wrapped around Loki's. They were embracing, and it seemed as if she had pressed her face into his chest. Disentangling herself from both Loki's arms, and her sheets, she dragged herself to the bathroom. She glared at her reflection, which appeared to just look sleepily malevolent. She had the imprint of Loki's t-shirt wrinkles pressed neatly onto her face, and her hair looked as if a family of birds had found a new home. She grumbled a little to herself, and then stepped into the shower cubicle.

When she emerged, a good twenty minutes later, her hair was wet, and dripping, but definitely neater. She felt far more awake, and her body wasn't aching anymore. Her face looked presentable, and there were no more creases on it than there should be. She towelled herself down, and then shuffled into the bedroom, where Loki was still sleeping. He was probably still tired from their excursion yesterday. After all, he had teleported both of them around, so that they could obtain obscure things from fabled creatures.

Aware that she was clad only in a towel, she picked up a few clothes, and hurried back into the bathroom to change. When she exited, Loki was sitting up, watching the bathroom door intently.

'Do you always do that?'

'What?'

'Stare at the bathroom door while I'm changing.'

Loki blinked, several times, and then started to go bright red. Savannah smirked.

'Chill, Loki. I was only joking.'

'Not funny,' he muttered.

'It pleased me, and that is all that matters. Now, are you up to doing the rest of the list, without straining yourself?'

'I'll be fine.'

'Are you sure?'

'Yes.'

'Do you want a little more sleep?'

'Well...'

'Okay. We'll go in four hours.'

'We should start on-'

'We should. We won't. We are both tired. We both need rest. We are going to sleep. Do you understand?'

'I understand why Stark soiled himself. You are terrifying.'

'Not a morning person. I tend to sleep through them.'

'Shall we get some sleep, then?'

'You get sleep, I get crumpets.'

'Crumpets?'

'Yes. They're a type of-'

'Yes, I know what crumpets are.'

'Good, because I don't. What are they?'

'Irrelevant. They are irrelevant. I thought we were going to sleep together?'

Immediately, Loki realised what he'd said, and started to redden again. Savannah was smirking like... like ... like something that smirked a lot. Before Loki could rectify his mistake, Savannah said-

'You'll have to buy me dinner first.'

Then, she turned on her heel, and practically pranced out of the room. The kitchen had better have crumpets.

She needed crumpets.

A/N: Unless you haven't already guessed, I love crumpets. Especially hot, with melted butter, and lemon curd, and ... and ...

I'm gonna get me a crumpet.