A bit like him.

A/N: Sorry it took so long to update, I just had a freezing cold bath, and then realised that I loads of people I know are on here. Then I had a chat via email with one of my many awesome friends, and then I-

You know what? I should just write this. Apologies later, and that shit?

Quote: Go fuck yourself. No one else will, not with that ugly arse-face.*

She writhed in agony on the table. She'd felt worse pain, yes, but she was good at distancing. Pretending things weren't happening, wrenching herself out of her body, and floating aimlessly in space. But it wasn't working. Perhaps it was that the pain was a slow burn, long and hard, and all consuming. Or perhaps it was the smell. The sickly sweet scent of burning flesh. Her burning flesh.

Savannah woke up, and sat up, screaming her head off.

Or, at least, she tried to. Her joints had seized up, and she lay on the bed, paralysed. There was someone next to her, too. Wrapped possessively around her, and she had never been claustrophobic before, but this...

This was too close. The claustrophobia got worse, until all she wanted to do was push the man off of her, and run. But then her senses returned, and she remembered how to breathe again.

It was only Loki.

'Loki,' she whispered, 'I'm scared.'

To his credit, Loki awoke immediately, blinking his eyes to rid them of the last vestiges of sleep.

'Yes, dear?'

Savannah ignored the affectionate pet-name in favour of something more important.

A cuddle.

'I had a nightmare. About my past, and I'm really, really scared.' She wished that she didn't sound so much like a petulant little child, but she felt like one.

'Do you want to talk about it?' he soothed, pulling her closer to the warmth of his chest.

'Later, maybe,' she said, 'Preferably when I don't feel as if I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown?'

He chuckled, a warm, deep sound that she had grown to know, and love.

A bit like him.

*I actually said that to someone, (in my head) when they were pissing me off. I have a caustic tongue sometimes, but I give good hugs.