Eternal Gratitude

A/N: Sorry, I lied. This will be my last update because the earliest I've gone to sleep this week has been three-thirty, and considering I get up at fifteen to six, I'm pretty tired. So, I've decided to listen to my body's protests, and update this, and then get some sleep. 

Quote: That is a window, that is a door. Shut up before I Hulk-Smash you into the floor.

All of the next day, Savannah wandered around like a zombie, saying little, and doing little. She was bleary eyed, and lethargic, but overly sensitive to unexpected noises. Thor soon found out after breaking a plate, (his turn to wash up) and being blasted through the next two walls by Ravennha. Afterwards, she reverted, and stared at the spot in shock, before running off to her room. Loki followed her to ensure that she didn't come to any harm in her dream-like state.

'Savannah,'' he said softly.

She still flinched, and whirled around suddenly, throwing knife in hand. At least, it was. Loki's mind registered a sharp object hurtling in the direction of his head, and he ducked just in time. The knife whistled past his ear, and embedded itself into the doorframe, twanging loudly. And as cliched as it was, Loki didn't have much time to think about it, as Savannah was staring at him wide-eyed.

'I'm sorry,' she said, 'Please don't be angry with me.'

And the inflections in her voice had tugged on his heartstrings so hard that it hurt.

'How could I ever be angry with you?' he asked, stretching out a hand in a gesture of goodwill.

She flinched away, again, and Loki sighed.

'What is wrong?'

'I just didn't sleep well.'

'Maybe you should get some rest, then. I'll be downstairs if you need me.'

'No,' she said, vehemently.

'No?' he repeated, sounding puzzled, 'But you require rest.'

'I know, but I don't want to got to sleep. It's scary.'

'You need to sleep.'

'Fine,' she says, 'But at least stay with me?'

And, to her eternal gratitude, he does.