Except...

'Medusa's mirror.'

'What? How? When? Where?'

Life was too short for one question at a time.

'I've worked out what we have to do for the mirrored shield. It was something you said earlier, and it all just clicked.'

'What is it?'

'You know how you said that the mirror could be one that had a hideous reflection in it at least once, and it didn't matter how recent it was?'

'Yes?'

'Well, do you remember that time I asked you to show me your Jotunn form, and then I ended up showing you Ravennha?'

'Yes. But what has that got to-'

'Don't you remember, Loki? You told me that if I could see what you could see, I wouldn't hate myself. Then you convinced me to look into a mirror.'

'Yes, but you broke it, remember?'

'Oh.'

'Actually, it might still work.'

'You still have the pieces?'

'Yes. I was intending to analyse them later, to see why your mind reacted that way to the mirror. I was sure that there was another reason for it. I suppose I just never got around to it.'

'Where are they?'

'With the rest of the ingredients- in a specialized pocket of space.'

'So, can we make the antidote now, or do I have to forget my own name first?'

'Right,' Loki said, 'We can start now, except ...'

Savannah didn't like the sound of that 'except'.

'It's more Bifrost travel, isn't it?' she said, cautiously.

'Yes.'

'Fuck.'