Chapter 2

Calayah in the MM.
[Ka-Lay-Ah]
__________________

After getting Calayah ready for school and giving her breakfast, I went to get ready.

I took a shower, lotioned my skin then put on my undergarments. I then put on my dress that I chose to wear to work and started doing my hair and makeup.

"Alright, get your backpack," I said to Calayah as I slip on my heels and fixed my jewelry.

"Here mommy you forgot your work purse," Calayah said, handing me the purse and I thanked her. I hate walking around with two tote bags but it is what it is.

"Thank you baby, ready?" I asked and she nodded. I locked the door and we went to the car.

*
*
"Good morning," I said to people I passed, like I do every morning but today nobody was saying it back.

I went into the bathroom to freshen up my hair. I'm hoping it's not too frizzy, I just got it straightened by the Dominicans earlier this week. A lot of people think my hairs a weave because it touches my mid back, but I've been natural my whole life and I've taken care of my hair. I walked into the bathroom and finger combed my hair in the mirror.

"Well if it isn't Ms. "I sleep with the big man to get big jobs and big money". I envy you! How big is Mr. Taylor," Anastasia said. Anastasia is a white girl with damaged blonde hair, a bad attitude, green eyes, a body thats straight like an arrow (and I can talk because I'm skinny also) and she's self centered.

"Excuse me?" I stopped doing what I was doing and turned to her.

"You heard me. Why else would he invite you into his office yesterday? He doesn't see us face to face! And I'm sure he's giving you money, look at that car you're driving!"

"Woah! Stop right there, heffa!" I put my finger up. "I work harder than anyone else in here! I've been here to ten years and I've brought in more clients and more money than anyone, without sleeping with a damn soul! What he called me into his office about is confidential and I save money and not blow you like some people, that's how I got my nice car. Have a good day," I dismissed her ass and went straight to Mr. Taylor's office.

"Come in!" He answered. I opened the door and closed it. He looked up from his iPad and smiled.

"Oh my favorite employee! How're you today?" He turned his attention back to his iPad.

"Blessed to have another day but I'm in here to talk to you about what I heard the minute I walked into this building, more so on this particular floor,"

"People are saying that I sleep with you to get the check I'm getting and that you give me extra money. They're also accusing me of sleeping with clients, sir," I told him everything.

"Well we both know that that's a lie," He muttered while scrolling on the iPad. "Yes! We did it! This company is going to branch off!" He looked like a kid who figured out how to put together his toy.

"So I should just ignore them?" I didn't speak on the branching out because that wasn't my business.

"Yes, I'll watch the cameras and see what else they're saying but if I act on it they'll say that I'm on your side and they'll think we're really sleeping together." He said to me.

"Okay, I completely understand, thank you," I stood up and went to shake his hand and he shook it.

"Here's a tip: Swing those hips of yours with a very small smile on your face and in your head say 'fuck you', but get you're money because you have a baby to take care of,"