Chapter 7

Craig Summers in MM.
_____________________

The bell rang, children flew out of the school in a wild herd but I spotted my child out of the crowd. She had a lot of girls talking to her and smiling at her but she was looking around the car pool line instead of entertaining them. I don't have work today so I'm dressed casual and I guess Calayah doesn't recognize that.

"Mommy!" She ran up to me while her friends stared. "So Jessica is having a sleepover this weekend and said if I'm not there, it's not worth it!"

"I'll have to speak to Jessica's mother before you can go, alright?" I said and she nodded. "I have someone I want you to meet," I opened the back seat of the car door and she gasped.

"This is your dad that you told me about?! Grandpa Craig! I've hard so much about you, nice to meet you," she shook his hands from the back seat. My dad turned to me and smiled.

"Nice to meet you too love bug," he kissed her hand and Calayah bowed. She swears she's the Queen of England.

I didn't tell my father about Calayah one bit. I wanted it to be a surprise. As Calayah grew up she knew that her Grandpa wasn't my real father but I loved him like one, I told her all about my real father (but left out the murder part) she knew he was in jail but it wasn't his fault.

"Is he living with us now? We have three extra rooms, you can choose from one but to be frank with you, the one in the guest house is my favorite," Calayah said. Her personality is one of a 15 year old. She's so outgoing, I don't know what to do with her. My father laughed and said ok.

I got in and pulled off. "I didn't know you had a kid," he whispered to me as Calayah played on her phone.

"I wanted to surprise you," I whispered back. My dad patted my knee then turned towards the window with a smile on his face.

I pulled into my driveway and have the key for Calayah to open the door. I showed my dad to the small guest house in the back of my house. I never use it unless Calayah has sleepovers and I supervise it or if my annoying siblings want to stay over.

"It's not much, it's a two bedroom but the rooms are kind of small, two bathrooms, a kitchen and a living area and that's it. There's a garage to park a car and that's about it," I lifted up the mat to get the spare key. I opened the door then handed it to him.

"I'll get this place furnished to your taste by tomorrow then you'll be comfy. I need new furniture anyways," I smiled and my dad wouldn't look at me. I walked around the the side he's facing.

"What's wrong dad?"

"You made something of yourself and you're taking care of me when I wasn't there to take care of you. 18 years ago you were 11 and I got arrested but I only wanted to take care of you, I love you and I'm proud of you," he started crying and I was shocked. I've never in my life that I knew him, seen him cry.

"Daddy it's okay! I promise it is! I love you too. I've never stopped, I'm still your bean," I hugged him and he hugged me back. I think he's afraid of never seeing me again.

"Are you still with her father?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Hell no!" I plopped down on the black sofa. I have no idea why I bought this anyways, I thought it was nice at the time.

"Do you mind me asking?"

"You can ask me anything you want," I said. "But when we were in college dating he wasn't the best boyfriend. He cheated a lot, he was a dope boy to put himself through college after he lost his football scholarship. But he just wasn't a nice guy but after I graduated and he was still in college to get his PhD he cleaned up his act because I got pregnant. I had a good paying job and I had to support myself because all his money went into school, and I respected that. I just didn't respect his cheating and lying ways."