Chapter 46

"I was on drugs. Yes, it was selfish of me and I had no excuse for doing them other than the fact that I liked it," I rolled my eyes as tears fell down her face.

"You ruined my life," I calmly said. "After you ran away and my father got arrested, we ended up in foster care to fend for ourself. Whoever wanted to touch us, did it with no remorse and we were tossed around for a while before my mother adopted us. Things happened because you decided to be a fucking crack head!" I am so pissed that cursing is going to come natural for me at this point.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I got clean and looked for y'all! I searched for months before they told me to give up," Tears rolled down this woman's face as if I'm supposed to feel something towards her. "They said you were happy with your adopted family. Then I met Bryan and he helped me get my life back on track. I didn't talk about y'all that much because I was embarrassed about how sorry of another I was,"

"So your kids just think you had the perfect life? So they won't experience anything bad in life?" I sarcastically asked. "You know what? Those kids are growing up with the woman I should've grown up with. The woman who was supposed to love me unconditionally, the way I love my children, is the one person in my life who wasn't there. I came from you! You were supposed to love me!"

"I do! I do love you!" At this point she sobbed but I only shook my head.

"Lauren can't be in a steady relationship because she has a very twisted mindset. She was so young when she faced the reality of foster care. The only thing that makes a relationship to her, is sex," I told her. Seems like she should know about the other child she abandoned too.

"Lauren," She whispered. "I have to talk with her too,"

I didn't say anything because I'm genuinely hurt. She doesn't get to come here crying her eyes out and chant 'I'm sorry'. She's hurt a lot of people in her path to destruction or redemption, whichever she wants to call it.

"Now that I have children, I can't see myself ever abandoning them for drugs. I can't see myself being less than the best in their eyes because for a while I never had that. Thank God for my adoptive mother because she showed me all the things you should've. I forgive you but I'm not going to invite you to my functions. Not my baby shower, not to the hospital on my due date, not to my wedding, and certainly not to anything dealing with my kids. You don't get that privilege, go do it with the children you actually had time for and loved. 'Cause apparently Lauren and I aren't shit to you," I'm done talking. I looked over to Andrew but he didn't say anything. In fact, he didn't even look at anyone.

"Camille! Allow me to make it up to you!" She cried and I shook my head. I needed her when I was a child, but I damn sure don't need her now.

"I'd like it if you'd leave," I politely said but no one got up to show them out.

"Camille," Andrew said. "Put yourself in her shoes. Wouldn't you want Calayah forgiving you? And try to build a relationship with her?"

"Don't bring my daughter into this, Andrew!" That'd never happen. I'm not choosing anything in life that will negatively effect my children. Especially something like drugs.

"Camille, be real," He said and I rolled my eyes. "Resolve this shit now or we're going to have some problems even if that means me sleeping on this very couch. Yes, it's nice that you forgave her but build with her! Stop holding a grudge it's only making things worse for you," He's doing the most right now. All this over her? I don't want to build with her!

"Well then I guess you're sleeping on the couch," I forced myself up without any help and headed up the stairs.

"She's very stubborn," I heard Andrew say. "I'm sorry,"