Chapter 4

"I just dropped her off at school and I'm on my way to work," Caleb said to me through my car speakers.

"Thank you," I simply said and just as I was about to hang up he said something.

"Can we meet up to talk?" Caleb asked. I sighed.

"Why?" I need to know before I just drop everything and go eat with this man.

"It's past due that we talked." That's true.

"I need to be at work in two hours so make it quick. I'll be at the Denny's near my job.

*

"You look beautiful," Caleb complimented. I rolled my eyes and sat down across from him.

"Thank you. Now what's it you want?" I got straight to the point.

"I'm seeing someone," he blurted out. I just stared.

"So why're you telling me this?" I honestly don't care anymore. As he answered as to why I should give a damn, we ordered.

"Look, I know you're not stupid, and I know you love Calayah so you dating someone isn't a big deal to me. Because I hope that you have enough sense to differ a crazy bitch from a well out one."

"She's a nice girl, a lawyer." Caleb said. I nodded but again, I don't care.

The food came and we ate and discussed Calayah.

"I have to go," I checked my phone. He paid and we parted ways.

*

I'm meeting up with a client who wants to buy a house for his baby mother. He's married so I'm guessing this is a side piece but I'm not judging.

"This is a two bedroom, two and a half bathroom, one level house. The kitchen is updated, their is a lot of backyard space, perfect for a family and is fenced for animals." I showed him around the house. He nodded and smiled.

"Why're you single Ms. Summers?" He asked. I looked up at him because even in heels I'm shorter than him.

"I haven't found the right one, now I can show you to other properties now," I walked away from him.

"I'm sorry for asking. And I should also let you know that this house is perfect, thank you," he said. I'm starting to feel uncomfortable. I quickly settled everything with him and told him to come to my office tomorrow to sign the papers.

I left to go to the next location because another client is supposed to meet me. I got out my car and groaned.

"What're you doing Caleb?" I asked with an attitude. I'm supposed to be meeting with a woman named Kira Jones.

"Helping Kira find a condo," he gestured to the woman beside him. So she's Caleb's new interest. Caleb is such a shit face! Who gets their baby's mother to show houses to his new girl?

"Nice to meet you. I'm Camille but you can call me Ms. Summers," I put my hand out for her to shake. Regardless of who she is to Caleb I want to keep this professional.

She looked at my hand but didn't shake it. "I'll call you Camille,"

I did a double take. Who is this bitch getting fresh with?! "I'm not your friend. I'm showing you houses, you'll call me Ms. Summers," I gave her a stank look then walked past her and opened the front door.

As I showed them around the condo she was being rude with sly comments here and there. I couldn't take it.

"Caleb can I talk to you outside?" I grabbed his sleeve and pulled him into the hallway.