Chapter 43

"Mommy! I'm Princess Jasmine!" Calayah yelled as if I weren't the one who bought the damn costume. "Xavier! Come out,"

Xavier came out of the room with a stale face, dressed as Aladdin. "She made me do this," I began laughing at them. They're too much for me right now. I'm dressed as a 17 weeks pregnant woman with cat ears on.

"So what about me? Am I cute?" Andrew asked and I rolled my eyes. "What? Cat in the hat isn't cute?"

"No, Dad," Calayah sighed. She took her oversized pumpkin and walked away, shaking her head. "Really?"

"At least you're not Aladdin," Xavier said. "I wanted to be Aaron Rodgers but Calayah looked at me with those puppy eyes and I couldn't say no to my little sister," His hand movements made everything funnier.

"You guys are the same age," I pointed out. He pointed at me and shook his head.

"But I'm a few months before," He raised his eyebrows and I surrendered. "I'm gonna go find my princess," He rolled his eyes.

"Poor thing," Andrew said as we watched him leave. I looked at him then snatched the big ass hat off his head.

"Damn Cat in the Hat," I threw it at him and he caught it.

"I'm still sexy," he shouted out after me. Kasey is supposedly at the hospital with her mom. I'm not going to pressure her anymore, I just hopes she leaves that bullshit away from my house and my kids.

Natasha is supposed to be coming with Paulina so we can all go trick or treating. More like they go trick or treating and I babysit. Natasha gave birth almost two weeks ago to the cutest baby boy and I've already offered to watch him since I can't walk around the neighborhood.

"Camille," I heard my name being whispered. I walk over to the front door to see Natasha, Paulina, Jessica and Elise all dressed up. Natasha held baby Nathan and he's dressed as a tiny pumpkin.

"He's sooooo cute," I sat in the chair by the front door so she could hand him to me.

"His bottles are in this bag, diapers in this one," Natasha put two bags down next to me and a baby seat in a stroller then handed him to me.

"You sure you don't want me to stay, babe?" Andrew asked and I shook my head. "Call if you need anything, and I mean anything," he winked and I giggled.

"Y'all," Paulina pointed between us. "Are gross," she left with the kids and Natasha.

"Babe, I'll be fine. If I need to get up I'll put him down and use the stroller," I tried to convince Andrew. "It's your first Halloween as a dad, enjoy it,"

"You're right cause last Halloween I was partying up," He laughed and I shook my head with a smile on my face. "I'll check in every once in a while, you can hand them candy?" He moved the big ass candy bowl closer to me.

"I definitely can now," I muttered. He kissed me then left. As soon as he closed the front door the doorbell rang. I stood up with the help of the table that the candy is on and set Nathan down.

"Trick or treat!" Two little kids yelled and I smiled at them.

"Here you go, your majesty," I bowed to Cinderella with dark brown hair and put three pieces of candy in her hand held carriage pumpkin. "And you too, dude" I handed the surfer the same amount and dropped it in his surfboard styled bag.

"Thank you," they said in unison. The night went like that for the most part until I had to pee. I felt so bad turning off the lights and kicking the door because people were probably on their way up my driveway. I pushed Nathan to the downstairs bathroom and I watched him sleep as I relieved myself.

He began fussing so I checked his diaper and it's fine, so he must be hungry. We went back to the front door and I turned on the outside lights then began feeding Nathan. The doorbell rang and the cycle began all over again.

*

*

*

"You get the last," I smiled at a little ninja turtle as I emptied my candy bowl into his candy bag. I closed the door and turned off the lights again.

"Alright Nathan, it's just you and auntie now," I sat down first then took him out of the stroller and rocked him in my arms. He looked up at me with big brown eyes and made noises. "Yeah, I know," I answered him as if I understood everything he babbled.

"Babe," Andrew called out. After he came through the door the rest of them did and brought their noise with them.

"Hey," I kissed him and he took Nathan from me. He rocked him and made noises at him which resulted in a smile from the baby.

"How was it?" I asked the kids and they showed me the amount of candy they received. "Take a piece now then give it to me," I told Xavier and Calayah.

"But mom!" Calayah whined. I stared at her and she sighed. They both took a piece and handed me their candy.

"Shower and bed," Andrew told them as they made their way upstairs.

"But dad! It's a weekend!" Xavier argued.

"Calayah is staying with her dad this weekend and you're staying with your grandmother, remember?" I reminded the two and they groaned but did what they had to do.

"Hey baby," Natasha cooed at her baby and I smiled at them. "Thank you,"

"It was nothing," I answered. "Babe, help me up," getting up by myself all night was truly tiring. As Andrew helped me up I felt pain throughout my lower abdomen. I screamed out in pain.

"What'd wrong? Camille what's wrong?" Andrew panicked. My mouth opened to say something but no words could come out of my mouth by how much pain I felt.

"Camille?" Paulina rubbed my back but it didn't help.

"Do you wanna go to the hospital?" Natasha asked and I nodded.

As soon as Andrew got the kids from upstairs the pain went away. "It doesn't hurt anymore,"

"Did it feel like a contraction?" Natasha asked.

I shrugged. "If it was, I've never had a contraction like t-" I yelled out as the pain came back but harsher.

"Let's go," Andrew picked me up and carried me outside. It still marvels me how he can pick me up still. Calayah rode with Paulina, Elise and Natasha while Xavier hopped in with us.

"Mom are you okay?" He asked but I couldn't answer. Andrew zipped through traffic and reached the hospital quicker than we've ever did before.

"I'll be back," he practically ran into the hospital and before I knew it, nurses ran behind him. This is the worst pain I've ever felt in my life, I just hope my babies are okay.