Chapter 10

"10"
"9"
"8"
Andrew raised his eyebrows at me.
"7"
I smiled with my red lips.
"6"
"5"
"4"
He stepped closer to me.
"3"
"2"
I closed my eyes
"1!!"
Everyone cheered but my world stopped. Our lips connected and I felt like I was holding onto a metal rod during rain. He smirked but didn't pull away. I tried to open my mouth but he pulled away.

"Not yet," he whispered. He's holding out on a kiss?! We're at my families New Years party and everyone is here. My siblings, my parents, uncles and aunties with their children, my daughter and her father while he brought his boogie bitch.

When it comes to parties my family goes all out! Money isn't such an issue to them so they do what they want.

"Happy New Years sis!" Michael yelled. He's more than likely drunk. Cat came over and said happy New Years and helped a drunk Michael to sit. "Andrew I'm proud of you bro! You have boundaries towards my sister. I love y'all," he smiled then rested his head back. Cat smiled at us and said that they are going to go and I don't blame her. Mike is a drunken mess.

Andrew and I laughed. My cousin walked up to me and smirked. "Hey girl!" We hugged.

"Hey Mari!" I haven't seen her in a year. She's too busy traveling the world. "How you been?"

"Good! I found myself a cutie in Brazil!" She squealed and while I laughed a tall, white guy came up behind her a kissed her jaw. My jaw dropped. This man is the epitome of fine! Tall, white, nice eyes, hair cut, a few tattoos. Jesus!

Andrew and him shook hands and then he hugged me. "Nice to meet you, I'm Vincent," I blushed and Mari smirked. Andrew actually laughed.

"I'm Camille, her cousin," I introduced. We all began talking about traveling, real estate, businesses, who should be president, the new year. After about an hour they decided to leave because he had work. Half of the people in my parents house decided to leave too.

"Babe, I'm gonna see where Calayah is," I said to him and he stopped me.

"I'll go, just sit down," he winked at me and I blushed.

Andrew

I looked around for a bit and soon found her playing on her new phone that Camille got her for Christmas. Christmas was eventful. We went to my parents first. Camille got a necklace from Tiffany's from my family and Calayah got an iPad mini.
Then we went to Camille's family and Calayah got her iPhone 6s rose gold and clothes from her grandparents while I got her Mac book pro with Sims 4 games. She was definitely excited even though Camille didn't like that I spent $2,000  on a eight year old. But I spent way more on her. I got her a diamond promise ring, clothes, shoes, and a trip with all three of us to Italy. I, of course got her family members gifts which they appreciated.

"Hey, what're you doing?" I asked Calayah as I sat next to her on the sofa outside.  She explained to me that she's designing some clothes with an app Camille bought.

"Are you ready to go home?" I asked. She shrugged.

"I have to leave with my daddy..." She sounded weird.

"What's wrong?" Now I'm concerned. She loves her dad, so why is she acting like this?

"His girlfriend is super mean to me and I don't like her!" She put her phone down and looked at me.

"How is she mean?" I need to get Camille over here. There's no way a man could live in a house with his girlfriend and not see her be mean to his child.

"She says mean things about me and about my mom and one time she hit me on my side." Calayah said to me. I excused myself and went over to Camille.

"What's wrong?" She asked. I huffed and gave her a look.

"Follow me," I commanded and she gave me a stank face, this is her usual "who you talking to like that" face. "Please,"

She nodded and followed me over to Calayah and I had Layah explain why she doesn't want to go to her fathers.

Camille was mad as hell, I've never seen her so upset before. She called over Caleb and asked him if his girl stays there.

"Yeah why?" He looked confused.

"Because that bitch is abusing my daughter," Camille pushed her finger in his chest.

"Woah woah woah! What?!" He exclaimed. "What the fuck you talking bout?" Calayah had to cover her ears throughout all of this. Camille went over to Layah and pulled up her shirt.

"How you know she did it? How am I supposed to know that you didn't do it and is blaming Kira because she doesn't like her?" Caleb questioned and I held my tongue. It really shouldn't matter! If your child doesn't like a person for whatever reason, I don't think you should be with them.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?!" Camille yelled. "I have never hit Calayah that hard! She's never been bruised by a whooping so what the fuck did that bitch do?!" I put my hand on her shoulder and she looked at me. Calm down I mouthed to her. She sighed.

"Talk to your girl before I do. Until then, Calayah isn't going anywhere near her and you. Since you think I'd lie," Camille didn't even give him a chance to speak before she took
Calayahs hand and walked away.

Caleb looked at me and I looked back at him. My hands in my pants pocket and my face straight. "Watch out white boy," he shoved me with his shoulder. I grabbed his shoulders and turned him around.

"Don't touch me!" I muttered in his face and then I shoved past him. I haven't fought since college and I hope I wouldn't have to. But, over Camille I probably would.