Chapter 6

Melissa in MM.
_______________

"I'll see you later baby," I kissed my daughters lips and then watched her greet her friends. Oh my baby is growing up!

My phone started ringing just as my favorite song came on. I had half a mind to ignore it but the caller ID showed that my mother is calling.

"Good morning," I said and she said it back.

"Can you swing by today at lunch, it's important and tell your sister," my mom said through my Bluetooth car speakers.

"Okay mom. Love you," I said then hung up. My stomach tingled from the nervous feeling I have. Like something is bad.

My heels clanked against the floor as I walked into the lobby at work. I said good morning to a few people then waited on the elevator.

"Good Morning," someone faintly said from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and said it back. I wanted to smile and give him a quick hug but I'm at work and if I did that, it'd confirm everyone's belief of me sleeping with a Taylor.

The elevator doors opened and I stepped in and held it open for one of my co workers who bolted towards us.

"Oh thank you Camille you're a life saver!" Jonathan breathed out as he got in. He started panting real hard and tried to reach for something in his pocket.

"Fuck! You just had to have asthma!" Andrew exclaimed. I just rolled my eyes then reached into Jon's pocket and for his inhaler.

"Okay... Easy, easy, take it from me okay?" I spoke softly to him and he nodded.
"Now puff it, easy, control your breathing Jon," he brought it up to his mouth with a shaky hand and puffed it and he sighed.

"You shouldn't run like that Jon," I said and patted his shoulder. The elevator dinged indicating that we're on our floor.

"Thank you so much Camille. I was scared I would be late to clock in," he said as me and him walked to the sign in area. After signing in we parted.

Andrew went in the direction of his uncles office. I can hear all the girls whisper about how fine he is.

I sat in my office chair and pulled out my work from last Friday. I researched properties and value prices for clients, which I didn't finish until Saturday night because of their specific wants and needs.

Today I'm showing around a celebrity a venue for his daughters Sweet 16. I don't know why his planner isn't doing that but I won't ask questions.

I started organizing my paper work and files by numerical order when my office door was opened.

In walked in Mr. Taylor and his nephew. I stood up out of respect until he told me to sit down.

"Good morning Mr. Taylor," I reacted out to shake his hand and he firmly shook it.

"How are you?" He asked me.

"I'm well thank you, how about yourself?"

"I'm fine. My nephew told me about what you did this morning and he also told me that he's interested in you but you don't want to push the professionalism," I looked at Andrew with a stale face.

"I'm sorry I don't know what to say," I flipped my hair over my shoulder then folded my arms.

"I have good news and bad news," my heart started pumping extremely fast and I had to blink a few times.

"Bad news is that I have to let you go of this position," he said and I had to sit down and think about what I've done wrong.

"Good news is that you're now assistant manager and I could care less about you dating my ugly nephew here," he hit Andrews chest and laughed.