Chapter 5

Camille

Today is Sunday making it a total of seven days since I gave Andrew my number and since he took me out to lunch. We talk almost everyday but we both get busy and we'd have to talk for only an hour a day.

"Mommy!" Calayah jumped on my bed, repeating. I grabbed her legs and flipped her onto her back and started tickling her.

"Good morning my beautiful princess," I bowed to her and she slightly nodded.

"Good morning your majesty," she bowed to me and I smiled. I need her to know that she shouldn't bow to anyone, they should how to her!

"What do you want to eat before church?" I asked her an she put her finger on her chin and hummed.

"Can we stop at McDonalds-" she stopped. "That makes me gassy never mind, how about Dunkin Donuts!?" She started going on and on about donuts and the sweet tea.

"How about a McGridle?" I asked. Church starts too early for me to make breakfast so we usually pick something up on the way.

"Okay," she muttered.

"Don't try it little girl!" I warned and she nodded. I told her to go get ready while I take a shower.

"Why is this water getting cold?" I asked out loud to no one in particular. I hurried and washed off the soap.

I walked to Calayah's bathroom to see her running a bubble bath.

"We don't have time for that! Go put on some clothes so I can do your hair!" She ran out the bathroom wetting up my carpet. This little girl!

I got dressed and put my hair in a knot bun, only put on mascara and eyeliner knowing that church is going to be hot!

"I'm dressed!" Calayah said and waltzed into my bedroom. She's wearing a black tank top with a jean jacket paired with a maxi skirt and sandals. This little fashionista!

I simply put edge control around the perimeter of her hair and then brushed her hair up into a ponytail then styled her edges and wrapped her hair into a tight bun. This girl has too much hair! Gets it from her mother!

"Ready?" I asked her after applying lip gloss to both of our lips.

"Yeah! Just let me get my purse," she ran to her room and ran past me down the stairs.

"Okay it's 9:15 we can get food and you'll have to eat quickly in the car before we get to church. Church starts at 9:30 but on black people time it starts at 10:15.

*

As the pastor was preaching my phone vibrated. I slyly checked it even though Mother Rose is probably shaking her head at me.

Andrew👱🏼👱🏼🍨: Good Morning, beautiful! 😍

"I'm in church. Ttyl" I sent and I didn't get a response back. Me sneaking a text in church reminds me of my high school days when I did the same thing but then the pastor used to call us out!

"Please stand for the benediction," the preacher announced. We all stood and I mentally thanked God that we get out an hour earlier on Youth Sunday's because we plan things for the youth. This week we're going to watch a movie.

"Amen" I mumbled and grabbed my purse ready to dash home to freshen up before we meet back at the church for this trip.

"Not so fast Sister Camille," Mother Rose said. I faked smiled and turned around.

"Hey mom!" I said to our church mother. She began scolding me for having my phone out until Calayah came running to me crying.

"What's wrong sweetie," I bent down and asked her. She held up her iPod 5 to me and started crying harder.