Chapter 32

After our first appointment a month ago, Camille went back to Houston to work the day after. I called Mark or Mimi to let him know about the pregnancy and to keep a closer eye on Camille. She doesn't want anyone to know just in case she has a miscarriage.

"Hey," I answered my phone.

"I feel like such a fat girl," Camille whined. I laughed and asked her why. "Because, I have fried shrimp, fried chicken, fries and cornbread,"

"And?" I asked because that's not a lot of food.

"Okay you caught me, I bought three apple pies from McDonald's and then a smoothie," she sounded happy about her cravings.

"I have no problem with you getting thick," I smiled and she groaned.

"I don't mind it but now I have to go shopping, I could barely fit my skirt today! I had to squeeze into it," she whined.

"Well don't do too much squeezing and ask Mimi to go with you, we both know he loves to shop," I suggested and all I could hear is her smacking her mouth as she eats. "You better be eating for three with all that noise in my ear," I joked.

"Don't jinx me like that, one is enough," she took a break to say, then right back into eating. I listened to her eat as I did paper work, then she gasped.

"Camille are you okay?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, I got sauce on my shirt. I'm definitely going to have to shopping," she sounded like such a greedy girl.

"I miss you," I frowned.

"I miss you too, I'm so lonely without you with me," she said to me and that brought a smile on my face.

"I honestly don't know where you've been all my life," she giggled at my comment. "Babe hold on, Ashly is calling me," I switched the call over to Ashly.

"Can you pick up Xavier from summer school, School ends at 3:30," she asked and I glanced at my clock, it's almost 2. If I leave now I can get there in time because traffic is no joke.

"Alright," I said and she thanked me. The call went back to Camille. "Hello?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm here, I don't know how your uncle runs a business like this and is so calm all the time," Camille sighed.

"Eh, guess his wife does a good job..." I trailed off and Camille made a noise.

"Ew. That's gross, you know when you can't imagine certain people having sex?" She asked and laughed.

"Yeah, like parents," I said and closed my office door.

"Mr. Taylor you have an appointment at five o'clock in the conference room, it's important don't be late," my assistant reminded me on my way out of the building.

"Yeah, I walked in on my parents when I was younger. Most disgusting thing ever but now that I'm a mom I understand them more," Camille said. "And where are you going?"

"Ashly called to ask if I can get Xavier from summer school," I repeated our conversation to Camille.

"Why is he in summer school? Need to ask him about that and let him know that school is super important to us. Can't have our kids in summer school," said Camille then I heard her slurping her drink. I got in my car and headed in the direction of my sons school.

"I will and I appreciate that you're concerned about him and his education," I know Camille is strict when it comes to school and I know she wants all kids to strive for the best.

"Andrew," she sighed. "He's your son and you love him which means he's mine and I love him. Same for Calayah,"

Truth be told, I love Calayah as if she is mine but I've never considered her to be mine. I've always thought about it as Camille's daughter and I play the distant step dad role. I know that Calayah considers me as a father figure but I've never said that I'm her father, because I'm not. I'm her stepdad which is almost as real as Calebs role.