Chapter 33

Mark is Mimi.
Mimi is Mark.
When I use Mark, they're at work.
When I use Mimi, personal hours.

"Are you nervous?" Mark (Mimi) asked as we finished up our work for the day. Andrew told him about my pregnancy and Mark came in excited and spilled the beans. Andrew is just looking out for me and I honestly appreciate it but I didn't want anyone to know yet, just in case.

"Of course," I answered after a
I drank some water. He squealed and then laughed.

"Oh they're going to be so cute," he smiled at me but I made a face. "Uh uh, fix your face,"

"They? Who is they?" I asked with attitude.

"She may be my boss but she should know as a friend, that I'm not the one," he closed his eyes and said to himself. With his eyes now open he looked at me,"My family call me a baby whisperer. I predict what you're gonna have and how it's gonna look and 60% of the time I'm right. The times when I was wrong, turns out the baby daddy wasn't who everyone thought it was," he pretended to sip tea while my mouth hung.

"Oh boy," I waved him off, there's no way I'm having twins. I started packing up my belongings.

"I'm a girl," he whispered.

"What you whispering for? Everybody and their mother, knows that you're as gay as it can get," I laughed.

"Duh," he flipped the hair he doesn't have and carried my bags for me. "But I'm still a gentleman, actually gentlewoman," he corrected and I couldn't help but to laugh at him.

"You're crazy," I told him while I locked my office door. We talked as we walked to the front of the building. "Can you get my car? While I lock up the place,"

"It's after hours, I'm not your assistant at this point," he rolled his neck. "But because your fine ass fiancé asked me to look out for you, I will,"

"Seems like Andrew attracts all the unwanted attention," I mumbled. My stomach started to cramp as soon as I locked the building. Where the hell is Mimi? "Oh!" My hand instantly went to my lower abdomen.

"Camille?" I heard Mimi's voice in a distance. "Shit!"

Oh my goodness! What the hell is that annoying noise? And why is my light on in my room? And why is it so bright?

"Damn," I opened my eyes only to have it automatically shut back because of the bright lights everywhere. What the hell happened?

"Ms. Summers?" I heard and I slowly opened my eyes and the light is dimmed a little now. "I'm doctor Yin, do you know what happened?" He asked. I shook my head but then my hands flew to my stomach.

"I had a cramp," I told him and he nodded.

"Then you fainted," he said and I tried to feel around my stomach for that little bump but my stomach is flat.

"No! No! No! No! No!" I cried out. "No!!" I screamed. "No!!"

"Calm down, Camille," I heard Mimi's voice.

"Don't tell me that I lost my baby!" I pointed in the doctors face. Tears flowed down my face like a stream, I soon couldn't control my crying as the doctor gave me a look.

"I'm sorry," he said and opened his mouth again but I shut him up with my hand.

"I called Andrew. He should be here in next two hours," Mimi informed me as the doctor left.

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked calmly.

"Three hours, almost four," he sighed. "I'm so sorry,"

I said nothing. My hand never left my lower stomach but my face remained the same stale expression every since the doctor left. Why can't my body do one thing right? I was so close! So damn close to staying pregnant!

I let my mind wander and I thought of all the things that I could've done wrong. I feel empty now, like there's nothing in me and I'm just worthless. Andrew shouldn't marry me, he needs to marry someone who can give him that big family he wants.

Caleb is getting the dream he wanted, now that his girlfriend is having triplets. My sister is very much fertile and now happily married. Lauren cleaned herself up from the drugs and started dating Danny Walsh, Mike is getting married and Natasha is pregnant as hell. My little sister who can't even support herself properly is having a healthy baby but I'm well-established and engaged and I can't even stay pregnant.

"Camille?" I heard but didn't respond.

"She's been like that for the past two hours," I heard.

Cold, shaking hands held my face. "Baby," Andrews voice echoed. "Why're you just staring at the wall?" He quietly asked me but I couldn't answer nor do I want to face him. His child is dead, because I couldn't carry.

"I lost a child too! Talk to me," he began crying and my heart broke. Tears flowed down his face and then mine and pretty soon we began sobbing together.

"I hate myself," I spoke and he looked at me.

"Why?" He asked. "I still love you,"

"You shouldn't," I told him then looked at him. "I can't carry a child, an innocent little baby who was supposed to grow up and be somebody in this world is dead because the person who is supposed to give it's body nutrients and the proper supports couldn't and now our child is dead!" My voice gradually rose. I heard Mimi excuse himself from the room.

"I'm hurting too! I am sad that my child with the love of my life didn't make it! But I still love you and we can try again!" Andrew yelled. He's never really yelled at me like this. His face is pink and he's pulling on his hair.

"Try again?! Again?! Do you think I could go through this again?" Andrews face softened.

"Okay," was all he said and then left the room. I toyed with the engagement ring on my left hand and sighed. Okay? What does okay mean. I placed my left hand on my stomach once again and I sighed. Maybe this is God's plan.