Chapter 35

35 chapters!!!!!! Ah!!!!!!!!
Btw I changed Xavier to Marcus Scribner. From Blackish just like Calayah. So obviously his eye color is gonna change. :)

This chapter is about to change a loooooot of things. Maybe for the good, maybe for the worse..... whooooo knows. Oh wait! I do😊😂
_____________________________

"Are you okay?" Xavier asked as I sat eating breakfast with no expression on my face. I smiled at him then sighed.

How do you explain to a child that your fiancé lost a baby and that it makes you very sad and depressed. Calayah came running down the stairs in her pajamas, brightening up the room.

"Morning everyone!" She smiled and I laughed at her bubbly personality.

"Hey Calayah," Xavier said to her. If I didn't know, I would've thought that they were raised together as biological brothers and sisters. "Dad looks sad so I'm trying to figure out why,"

I feel like they're both ganging up on me and Camille isn't here to help me out. These damn kids! I laughed at my thoughts and then turned to them. "Well, your mom, Ms. Camille," I said to both of them. "She was going to have a baby-"

"I'm getting a sibling!?" Calayah screamed and started jumping around.

"No, he said was," Xavier stopped her and she rolled her eyes at him.

"What do you mean was?" She put her hand on her hip and I groaned. I hope she's not like this in another 6 years.

"Was as in she lost the baby," I slowly said. They looked confused. "The baby couldn't survive-" no that sounds bad. "The baby wasn't able to grow like you guys were,"

"So the baby is dead?" Calayah asked in a low voice. I nodded and her hand flew to her mouth. "Oh no!" Her big eyes started watering and my heart broke. "Is my mommy okay?"

I looked over at Xavier and his face was the exact same as Calayahs. "She's fine, just a little sad,"

"I want to go see her," she started crying. Oh God, she's breaking my heart. Xavier came over and hugged me.

"You're crying too," he pointed out as I hugged him back. I then felt the tears rolling down my face. "I'm sorry that happened,"

"How about I take a few days off next week so we can all go visit her?" I asked Calayah and she nodded.

"How do you feel about it?" She questioned and I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm sad. I always wanted a baby, especially with someone as beautiful as your mother," I smiled at her and she cheesed while playing with her hair.

"So my mommy isn't beautiful to you?" Xavier asked with his big colored eyes. My grandmother has eyes like his.

"Of course she's a beautiful woman," which isn't completely a lie. I just don't find her attractive but they're too young to fully understand.

"It's okay, you don't have to lie. I think Ms. Camille is prettier than my mom, her skin is like the color of brownies," Xavier said as he poured cereal for the both of them.

I wanted to answer him and say she tastes like them too, but that's inappropriate and TMI. I chuckled at the thoughts in my head and then washed my bowl. The two of them sat eating and laughing about God only knows.

"I'm going upstairs to get ready," I told them and they didn't even acknowledge what I just said, only a head nod to something they didn't hear.

After showering, brushing my teeth again and putting on my suit I headed downstairs. I heard a familiar voice and laughter coming from the kitchen. My eyebrows raised as I followed the voices.