Chapter 3

"I'll see you Monday," I kissed Calayah goodbye before she got out the car and I drove off. Today is Saturday my day off, my only day off this week. Caleb was supposed to pick her up after school yesterday but as usual something came up. He's not even home today, I had to leave her with his mother.

I stopped at a Chinese restaurant before heading home because I'm not up for cooking anything.

When I got home I took a shower and got ready for the day. I let my hair get wet so my natural hair would curl up.

I turned on my tv and my PlayStation to watch Netflix. Right now I'm on episode seven of DareDevil.

Someone started knocking on my front door three episodes later.

Groaning I went to open the door. "What!"

"That's not the way to greet me butt head," my annoying little brother, Michael barged into my house. "And you got extra Chinese food for me? I knew you loved me!"

"I don't love you, I only put up with you because dad makes me," I told him stalely. He laughed and took out my crab ragoon.

"No no no! Take the shrimp fried rice! Leave my ragoon!" I slapped the back of his head and he hit me back.

"I'm telling my mommy on you!" He whined, pretending to be a four year old.

"I don't give a damn. Why're you here?" He was making me irritated and my period started this morning so I'm not one for the bullshit.

"You told Natasha to tell me to come over," he shrugged and got a fork from my kitchen draw.

"That was yesterday! You were supposed to come yesterday! Jesus!" I yelled.

"What's your issue? Mother Nature came?" He teased and sat on my couch.

"Yes! She did!" I pushed him over and dipped my crab ragoon in the sweet and sour sauce it came with.

"Ew," He simply said. Michael basically grew up around four girls so he doesn't get weirded out by periods, or bras, or panties, or tampon boxes.

"So when are you gonna start dating again?" Michael asked after pressing play. I didn't answer because The Man in the Mask aka Matthew Murdock started talking and he's so sexy.

"When I find the right one. Most of these guys are so insensitive and selfish. I have a daughter so most guys don't want that plus our family is buckoo crazy."

"Trust me, you'll find the right one. It's just a matter of time," Michael said.

"But I do need your help with something," I paused Netflix and turned to Michael and gave him the rest of the crab ragoon.

"Legal or personal?" Michael asked turning him lawyer side on. At twenty-four, he's young for a lawyer but he graduated high school at 16 and did seven years of law school.

"I'm thinking of changing Caleb's visitation rights to joint custody. It basically what we're doing anyways."

"Are you sure? I'm saying this as your lawyer, I think you shouldn't change it,"

I sighed, "I just don't want him to feel like I'm trying to keep him away. Visitation means I'd have to be around the whole time and I want them to spend time together alone. So if he had weekends with her as joint custody, it'd be easier. I already let it happen," I shrugged and leaned onto Michael's right shoulder.

"Mille, you let him have her for weekends? He's a total shit bag who gloats around his money!" He moved away to look at me and I groaned.

"He was! Not anymore! He had to put himself through college somehow! He's a doctor now and a pretty damn good one. He pays for 'Layah's tuition and buys her what she needs. He's grown up Michael. I wish you guys would see that," I whined. He pulled me into his torso as I pouted, knowing I was gonna cry soon.