Chapter 25

"I miss you," I said to Camille as she got ready for work. I haven't gotten out of bed yet and I really don't feel like it.

"I miss you too, you're so obsessed with me. It's cute," she laughed into the camera as she fluffed out her hair, I'll never understand how black women hair can be so versatile.

"Of course, I'm obsessed with you baby," I chucked and got up out my bed. "You look beautiful also," I walked into her bathroom and turned on the shower.

"And you look sexy, bed head and all," she bit her lip and I grinned.

"Girl just wait till I see you," I teased and she laughed.

"Hold on my mom's calling me," she said and she hung up. I jumped into the shower and got ready for the day.

*

This line at Starbucks is no joke, it took me ten minutes to get one cup of iced coffee. On my way out a lady knocked into me, spilling my coffee all over my suit.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" The lady said. "Let me go get napkins," she rushed inside and came back out and I stared at her. Why does she look so familiar?

"Do I know you from somewhere?" I asked her and she laughed while handing me napkins.

"Are you trying to flirt with me?" She laughed then stopped. "Andrew Taylor?" She breathed. I studied her face and my mouth dropped.

"Ashly Richards?" I asked in disbelief. I haven't seen her in about eight years, we met at a bar and had a one night stand, that led to multiple one night stands and then she just disappeared. Didn't answer my calls or texts but it didn't bother me, she was just casual sex.

"I have to go," she tried to pushed past me but I stopped her. "Andrew let me go,"

"What happened to you?" I asked her. She sighed and looked behind me with wide eyes. I turned around to see and older woman with a young boy.

"Mommy look what grandma bought me!!" He ran towards her and he's her twin.

"Xavier that's really cool but could you go tell grandma that I need a few more minutes?" She instructed her son and I stood there confused.

"How old is he? He's a cute kid," I looked her in her eye and she groaned.

"He's seven," she said. The kid is seven and the last I saw her was about eight years ago. Either she was messing with other guys or.... "It's not what you think,"

"I'm not thinking anything," I said when inside my head I'm having a panic attack.

"I guess I just dug myself into that," she fixed her top. "Can we go inside to talk about this?"

"My suit is sticky," I said. "How about I take your number and we discuss this over lunch?"

"Sure," she smiled and I just stared. "Alright then," she handed me my phone back and then walked away. I got into my car and didn't know what to say.

Could he really be my son? What will Camille think about this? I mean she has a kid and I don't mind. But this is different. But it can't be?

I went back home to quickly shower and change then headed to work with Ashly and Xavier on my mind.

"Mr. Taylor there's a woman who says you have a lunch meeting with her?" My assistant said after knocking on my door.

"Ashly? Yeah let her in," I said and she gave me a look then a few moments later Ashly and Xavier walked into my office. I quickly got up and walked over to them.

"Hi I'm Andrew," I said to the little boy. I'm so nervous I don't know what to say, I want kids and I love them but I'd always thought they'd be with Camille. This is the most unexpected thing that has ever happened to me and I don't know how to react to it.

"I know! My mom said we'd be meeting you. I'm Xavier," he brightly smiled and I laughed. He's just as bright and bubbly as I was as a kid. Ashly sat him down with his iPad and headphones.

"So I'm his....." I couldn't say it. I don't know why, it's really foreign to me.

"Yes Andrew. I'm not asking you to be there for him because you weren't all along," Ashly said and I'm offended.

"Don't you say that as if I chose not to be in his life! I didn't even know about him!" I said to her. My phone then began ringing and the caller ID showed Camille. Shit. I let it ring.

"You're not going to get it?" Ashly asked and I shook my head. "Ok... Well I do apologize for not telling you years ago I was pregnant. I don't know why I didn't and I feel awful,"

"Not to offend you or anything, but I'd like a DNA test, I believe you but I want to be sure," I said and she nodded.

"That's no problem, let me know when you set it up," she stood and I sighed. I walked them both out but not before hugging Xavier, my son.

_______________________

Short chapter but this contained more tea than the Boston tea party 🐸☕️😂.

How do y'all feel about this?

How do you think Camille is going to feel about this?

What about Calayah? She'll have a step brother.....

Or his family? They already love Camille and Calayah.

Mike. How do you think he's gonna take this news?