Chapter 20

Listen to the song around the beach part

"Natasha Adams, graduating with honors," the principal announced and my baby sister walked across that stage. We all cheered for her and yelled. My dad smiled but didn't cheer, I know he wants to be there for her he's just being stubborn.

After her entire graduation class walked and flipped the tassel, they were allowed to greet the parents and family.

"Oh I'm so proud of you!" My mom ran and hugged Natasha. She's the baby of us all so we're proud of her accomplishments and glad we don't have to go to another high school graduation ceremony for another few years.

My dad hugged her but walked away once he came in contact with her bump. She looked at him but then faked a smile at us.

"So how does it feel?" I asked and she shrugged. "I know but give it a few months, it'll hit you that you're not in school anymore,"

"Maybe," she kept glancing behind us and I feel really bad.

"I'm so proud of you," Lauren said and I rolled my eyes.

"Lauren let me talk to you," I pulled her aside before she could answer.

"I'm beyond pissed at you! You need to tell dad what you said to Natasha,"

"And who the hell are you to tell me what to do?" She said and she began slurring. I looked at her eyes and they are fine but I felt her skin and she's slightly cold.

"Are you on drugs?" I asked.

"No! You know what I'm leaving!" She tried to go but I grabbed her. She must've forgotten that I'm stronger.

"No! I'm not done talking. One, you're going to tell dad. Two, stop doing that nasty ass drug, and three, I have someone willing to let you decorate their house,"

"Who?" She asked. She began itching her neck and my eyes watered. This is my baby sister, either her guilt is eating her up or someone is influencing her, either way something isn't right.

"I'll talk to you when you're clean," I walked away from her and I heard her stomp off.

"Where's Lauren going?" My mom asked and I smiled but shrugged.

"Said she had something important to do, ANYWAYS! My little baby is a graduate!" I hugged her tight and felt her belly. It felt amazing, a soft but firm pouch where a child is being developed. I let her go and touched my own belly, I don't think I'll ever feel that again. At least that's what my doctor said.

"Um I'm going to meet you guys at Olive Garden," I said and walked back to my car. Calayah is with my pops today and Andrew is working along side Mike, he's going to meet us for lunch though.

"There's a very slim chance that after this procedure you'll have kids," the doctor looked sympathetic. I smiled on the outside but on the inside I was tearing everything up. Calayah is only one years old, I have a long way to go with her. I came in after my miscarriage but they told me it's something bigger.

Caleb entwined our fingers and brushed his thumb over my knuckles. "How slim?" He asked and the doctor looked down.