Chapter 11

"Are you okay?" Andrew asked me over the phone.

"Yeah, I'm just mad. How could a man say something like that?" I sighed. Sometimes I wish that I had Calayah by myself. No father. No drama. No stress. I can do it by myself but I know how it was to grow up without a father even though I got adopted, I wanted to know my birth father.

Andrew mumbled something but I didn't catch it. "What was that?" I screwed up my face.

"I said, that he's not man enough," Andrew repeated. I agreed with him, if I knew what I know now; I'd probably would've searched the whole entire state of California for Andrew and marry him. But I'm grateful that I get to learn from my mistakes.

"Yeah, I know," I laughed a little.

"I'm stuck at work though, so I'll stop by later on tonight," he said. I agreed and hung up. Not long after the work phone rang.

"Camille Summers with Taylor Real Estate, how may I help you," I politely said.

"Hi, this is Mrs. Machiavelli. You showed my husband and I a few houses the other day," A woman said.

"Oh yes! Hi, how are you," I rolled my eyes a little because I really have to pee. She began talking about the house that she loved and then asked if we can discuss the house some more over lunch.

"Sure! No problem when would you like to meet?"

"Are you available today?"

I thought about it for a minute, "yes I am. Where do you want to meet?" I wrote down the time and place and we hung up. Something about this lady is so familiar.

Later that afternoon.

As I ate my salad Mrs. Machiavelli kept staring at me. We talked about the house and how her and her husband are going to buy it. She's a very beautiful woman and she's very poised. Her nails are perfectly manicured, her makeup whooped onto her face, her hair laid. Her brown skin glowed under the lights of the restaurant.

"I'm sorry for staring," she blushed and started eating her basket of fries. After two kids, her body looks real good! She's "slim thick".

"It's okay. I'm sorry for staring too, if I look anything like you when I get older I wouldn't mind," I laughed.

"It's really possible," she muttered. I raised an eyebrow but let it go. My phone started to ring and I excused myself. Mike was calling to ask if I can't follow him somewhere later on and I agreed. It's hard to say no to your baby brother.

"I'm sorry it was my little brother, even though he's no so little anymore. But swing by my office and I have all the papers ready," I set down a hundred cash until she handed it back to me.

"My treat," she smiled and I thanked her and rushed out of there. She has a beauty mark on her cheek like me. I never realized it before.

The Mall

"What mike?" I asked as soon as we met in the food court.

"I need you to help me shop for rings," he blushed. My eyes popped out of my head and I started screaming.

"You're kidding me?!" I asked after I calmed down.

He laughed. "No I'm not,"

"Then what are we waiting for lets go!" I rushed him. We walked from store to store until he looked at one ring in the window.