Chapter 40

"Aww!" Camille couldn't stop taking pictures of the kids in uniform. I laughed and sipped my coffee.

"Mom! We're going to be late!" Calayah whined. She grabbed her backpack and headed for the door.

"Wait!" Camille called her over. She fixed her curly hair then held her face. "Be good and remember you're beautiful and smart, don't ever let no one take that from you. I love you baby," Calayah kissed her cheek and rubbed her belly then took off.

"Xavier," Camille called him over. "I know this is a new school but you're going to make tons of friends, and don't worry about the schoolwork you're a very, very smart boy okay?" Xavier nodded. "And I love you," she smiled at him and his face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Love you too, mom," he hugged her and kissed her cheek. Camille hugged him back and ruffled his curly hair.

"Andrew get my babies to school safely," she yelled as we left the house. She's on bedrest for her entire pregnancy and I know it's going to drive her crazy being in the house all day.

The ride to school consisted of Calayah reassuring Xavier that everything would be alright and school is easy. As I pulled into the school to drop them off, they began arguing.

"Hey! None of that! Y'all are brother and sister, so act like it," I demanded. "Am I speaking to myself?"

"No," they both said.

"No who?" I sound just like Camille, Jesus.

"No dad," they both said. "Bye dad!" They rushed out the car and Calayah grabbed Xavier's hand. They're so cute sometimes.

*

*

*

"But I'm so bored!" Camille whined on the phone.

"I know, why don't you invite Natasha over?" I suggested.

"Babe, seriously?" She asked. "Two pregnant girls in the same house together? Neither of us can do shit! Especially her ass! She's damn near about to pop!"

I laughed. "Okay? What about Taylor?"

"I'm pretty sure she's pregnant too," Camille said and I chuckled.

"Okay, so go hang with your mom," I suggested again.

"Andrew, I'm going to punch you in your face! Both of our mothers are joined at the hip now, I'm not interested in joining," she sounds so mean now, but I know now not to blame it on being pregnant because of last time.

"Okay what about pops?" I asked.

"That's the best thing you suggested thus far, bye!" She hung up before I could even say bye. Mike came into my office with stacks of papers.

"The worst part about the job," the stack slammed on my desk and I groaned.

"Let's get started, I guess," I sighed. This is the worst part of my job, the best part is being in that court room and doing what I do best, arguing in front of a judge.

"So what's new," I asked Mike.

"We're having a boy," he smiled and I hit his shoulder.

"That's awesome, man!" He laughed at my excitement.

"Yeah, it is but what's also awesome is triplets!" He raised his eyebrows.

"I don't know if it's because multiples run in my family or if it's because of the treatment she used to take," I shrugged. "Either way it's a blessing and so far, so good. She's on bed rest and it's killing her,"