Chapter 39

"Well that wasn't so bad," I laughed with Andrew.

"Just a birthday present? That's it?" He laughed. Brook showed up at the house to give Andrew a birthday present from her mom. His father obviously recognized her but didn't say much until everyone went home then he approached him with questions.

"So he still doesn't know about Kasey?" I asked.

"He does," Andrew confessed. I sat up in the bed. "Nuh uh!"

"Your eyes are so wide," Andrew laughed. He rested his head in my lap and I played with his hair. "I need a haircut,"

"I kinda like it," I smiled down at him. We were quiet for a while just soaking in each other's presence.

"He wants me to take him to the hospital," Andrew said after a while.

"And how do you think that's going to go?" I asked him.

"With Ms. Rose? Great! With Kasey? Disastrous," His face turned a little pink.

"Kasey probably isn't so bad," I laughed.

"She's like Regina George in Mean Girls except she uses big words," he said which made me laugh.

"Well damn," I giggled. "Enough about them, school starts in like a week and the kids need to go school shopping,"

"They literally wear uniforms, babe," He argued.

"So? What about school functions and when they want to hang out? Plus they need school supplies," I argued back.

"You just want an excuse to go shopping," he played with my belly. "It's a little harder,"

"I don't need an excuse to go shopping," I rolled my eyes. "I have my own money to spend," I softly nudged him off of my lap.

"I wasn't saying you don't- ohhhh, is this pregnancy hormones?" He asked.

My eyes began to water,"Why would you say that?" I can't believe he's being so insensitive right now.

"Say what?" He looked confused. He knows what he did he's just trying to get under my skin.

"Leave me the hell alone," I cried. I ran into the bathroom and locked the door.

"What the fuck?" I heard him mutter then leave the room. See? He doesn't care! He doesn't care about my feelings!

Wiping the tears from my face I turned on the shower and waited for it to get hot. I took a quick shower then moisturized my skin with coconut oil. I threw my hair in a ponytail and laid my edges.

"Babe?" Andrew called from the outside of the bathroom door.

"Yes?" I answer the door to see him with eggs, bacon and a waffle on a plate. I grabbed my bacon strips and ate them but the eggs smelled disgusting. "Get that shit away!" I pointed to the eggs.

"You love eggs," he commented. Did I ask him if I liked eggs? But before I could reply with a snarky comment, I threw up on my feet.

"Ewwww!" I whined. "I said get those eggs away!" I yelled. He set them down and then came back to help me clean up.

"Oo! Eggs!" I heard Calayah say. The scent of lotion she put on smells even worse than the eggs. I threw up again but nothing came up except water.

"Why is mom throwing up?" I heard Xavier ask.

My heart fluttered. He just called me mom. He just called me mom! Wow, I didn't think that'd he say it so soon or at all. He even said it so casually, no hesitation.