Chapter 17

"Happy Father's Day!" I said to my dads. I bought them both cologne and watches. Our family is at my mothers house and today is all about the fathers in our lives. Even Catherine's family is here.

"Happy Father's Day, Michael," Cat said and everyone's jaw dropped. I began freaking out. What?! Mike looked at her and then her belly. He started to cry and he hugged her. Then the belly, and he miraculously ended up on one knee and a ring in his hand.

"Will you marry me? I've been thinking of how to ask you for months now but I couldn't figure it out. It's perfect now," Mike said and both sides of the family began 'awing' him. 

"Yes yes yes!" She kissed him and they hugged for forever.

"Anymore surprises before we eat?" My mom joked. Michaels mom laughed. I looked at Natasha and she opened her mouth but closed it. "Okay! Let's eat!" We all shared food out and ate together and watched tv and played games.

"Natasha! Come here," I called her over. "When are you going to tell them?" She began crying.

"They're gonna be so mad at me!" Which is true but she doesn't need to know that right now. "I went to the doctor with Quincy and his mom and I'm four months along, I don't want an abortion and I think it's too late,"

"Four months?! I thought...." I'm shocked.

"It happened a while back, I apologized to him but he's happy we're having a baby," she smiled.

"Having a what?" My dad yelled. Everyone looked at us. I took them outside so no one could be in our business.

"Dad-"

"Natasha! Don't tell me what I think you're going to say!" He yelled but I could see the heartbreak. Natasha began crying. She tried to hug him but he stepped away and that made her cry even more.

"Please!" She begged but he shook his head and walked away. She asked me to leave her alone so I headed inside.

"Really dad?" I asked but he kept walking. "She's your daughter! You're supposed to be there for her!" Now everyone was looking. Cat's family looked at us.

"She's pregnant!" He yelled back. My mom gasped.

"So what?! She made a mistake! That doesn't give you the right to stop loving her!" I argued.

"Dad seriously. Go talk to her," Taylor said but Lauren stayed quiet. My dad smacked his lips and went upstairs. My mother went outside to Natasha.

"He should go talk to her, my other daughter had a baby young. It was hard but support is important," Cat's mother, Salina said. Her Caribbean accent sticked out. I nodded and rubbed my temple. I want to call Andrew but he's with his family and I don't want to be selfish.

Natasha came back in with her head hung and slid her feet across the floor.

"Nat," Mike said, his voice breaking a little. He's the second youngest and she's the baby so they have this little sister/big brother relationship and I know he's heart broken. He pulled her into his chest and she cried, he didn't even bother wiping his tears away.

"I'm sorry, Mikey! I'm sorry," she said into his chest and I blinked multiple times to prevent tears from forming in my eyes. Calayah hugged my legs and yawned. She didn't go to bed until twelve this morning and we woke up at seven to get ready.

"It's okay, if it's a boy you know what to name him," he smiled and she laughed then hit his chest.

"Hell no!" They laughed and she sighed and looked up the steps. "I'm gonna go...." She headed up the steps and I pray he's nice to her.

"Well! I'm done grilling," my dad, Craig broke the tension and Mike was the first to run to the kitchen where the food is.

"How's your first Father's Day out?" I asked as I got some grilled bbq chicken and hot dogs in my plate.

"I'm happy, the happiest I've been in decades, because I'm with you and it's corny as shit but I'm glad you made something of your self," My dad patted my back and I smiled at him.

"Mommy your phone is ringing," Calayah handed me my phone and I see Andrew calling. 

"Hey babe, tell your dad I said happy Father's Day," I smiled.

He laughed at something being said in the background, " I will babe, what're you doing?"

"Eating," I chewed and he laughed.

"When are you not?"

"I beg your pardon! I hardly eat," I scoffed.

"Babe, you eat all the time but I'm not complaining, you're getting thick," he laughed and I looked down at myself and smiled.

"You notice too much things," He pays attention too damn well. Someone in the background asked him something.

"No because you're a shit head and won't accept your daughter for being who she is!...... No! Fuck that! You kicked her out why does she need to come back?!" There was a long pause but I heard yelling. "Full of shit! How about you apologize to her you fuck!" Is he talking to his father like that?! White people are lucky as hell!

"Sorry Camille, my dad had the nerve to ask where Paulina is when he's the one who kicked her out for being a lesbian plus if she was here, he'd just yell at her the whole time," Andrew said.

"I think you should apologize to your dad for cursing at him," that was a little rude.

"No! He deserves it," Andrew said like s stubborn child.

"Fine," I simply said and took a bite out of my hot dog. It tasted so good, I think my dad glazed it with some type of sugar or something but it's so good.

"Hello?" Andrew asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Black people eat in silence," I informed him and he laughed.

"Okay I'll be quiet on the phone," I heard a door shut. "Camille?" I rolled my eyes, my poor thing can't keep his mouth shut.

"Yes Andrew?" I simply said.

"Sorry but would you ever marry me?" I started chocking on my hot dog and I don't have any soda with me. "Oh shit! Are you okay?!" My dad came over and patted my back until I swallowed the hot dog. I handed him the phone and went into the kitchen to get a drink.

"Well you have my permission," my dad smiled and I snatched the phone away and ran upstairs to my old room.

"Andrew are you serious?" I whispered.

"With all my life," he whispered back and I screamed. "Don't get too excited yet! You'll never know its coming," he laughed but I didn't care! I love this man and he wants to marry me! "Still have to ask Mike Sr. And Mike,"

"They love you buy go ahead and ask!" I smiled. I swear every time something is going well, Andrew just makes my days better.