Chapter 37

I bit my lip as the judge remained quiet. Andrew stood in front of the judge and so did Xavier's grandma. She agreed to let Andrew have custody of Xavier as long as she gets visitation but Xavier's mother doesn't want that to happen.

"I'm trying to look out for the child's best interest," he said. Xavier's head is on my arm, hoping he gets to be with his father.

"Your honor, ask him who he wants to be with," Ashly said. I don't know why she's speaking because she doesn't have custody of the child but I guess as the birth mother she has that right.

"Go up there, baby," I said to him and he looked at me one more time then headed to the front of the court. He hugged his grandmother but then stood in the middle of Andrew and her.

"Who do you want to live with?" The judge asked.

"Would I still see my nana?" He asked.

"Of course," the judge answered.

"Then I want to live with my dad and Ms. Camille," he confidently said.

The judge smiled, "Then so be it," Andrew turned to me in shock then picked up Xavier and spun him around.

"Mr. Taylor has custody of Xavier Brown and grandma, you get visitation whenever Mr. Taylor sees fit," the judge smiled at us. Calayah tugged on my arm.

"So he gets to live with us?" She asked, excitement written all over her face. I nodded. "Yay!" She ran up to Xavier and hugged him.

"Calayah!" He hugged her back and they didn't let go of one another. His grandmother smiled at them. "Nana," he hugged her. "I still love you,"

"I know you do baby," she smiled. "I know you guys will take good care of my baby," she hugged me and then Andrew.

*

"So now what?" I asked Andrew and he laughed.

"His name will be officially changed in a few days to Xavier Taylor. The past two months and a half was so stressful, I'm so glad it's over," Andrew smiled as we sat outside the court house.

"Me too," I kissed him and he chuckled into the kiss. "I love you,"

"I love you too," he smiled at me.

"Sooooooo, your birthday is in a few days," I smiled at him and his eyebrows went up.

"I was thinking we could go to Houston, it's been a month since I came to visit you," he wiggles his eyebrows.

"So we have to be in Houston to have sex?" I laughed.

"No, we can do it anywhere," he stood up. "By the way, you look beautiful," he helped me up.

"Really?" I asked. "But you always say I do,"

"Because you do," he laughed. "Cmon kiddos, lets go,"

"Ew. Don't ever do that gesture again," Calayah made a face and started walking towards the car.

"Was it really that bad?" Andrew asked.

"Yes," Xavier answered making me laugh.

"Damn. My own kids," Andrew laughed.

On the drive home Xavier and Calayah talked about turning the guest room into his room.

"Or Calayah can move into the Jill bedroom and Xavier can move into the jack," I suggested.

"We'd have to share a bathroom," she pointed out.

"And?" Andrew replied. She thought about it then shrugged.

"So I can redecorate?!" She asked with excitement.

"You can both redecorate," I laughed at her. She acts just like my mother. We pulled into the garage and the kids ran into the house.

"They're going to want to start soon," I pointed out.

"Tomorrow morning we can go shopping for paint and beds," Andrew shrugged. "They need to start looking up designs and ideas of what they want,"

"Oh yeah!" I went into my purse and pulled out a phone box. "Calayah has one and now so does Xavier,"

"You're always one step ahead of me," he laughed. We got out of the car and called them into the kitchen. "Calayah has a phone and we didn't want you to think that you can't have one,"

"As long as your grades are straight A's you can get anything from us," Camille said. She handed him the new phone and his jaw dropped.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you," he hugged the both of us. Calayah smiled and took a picture.

"My family," she held her chest dramatically. "Ok! Enough! Come Xavier," they ran back upstairs.

"So my parents house for my birthday? I'm pretty sure your family is invited already because our moms are now bffs," Andrew laughed.

"I don't know how that happened but I'm not complaining," I shook my head with a smile on my face.

"What's wrong?" Andrew asked me. I looked at him with my head turned and eyebrows scrunched.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You're leg is shaking like it always does when you're nervous, you keep touching your curls like you do when you want to say something," he paused. "So what is it?"

"I quit my job," I quickly said.

"You did what?!" His voice raised slightly.

"Ok, Imma need you to bring it down a bit," I rolled my neck. "But I didn't necessarily quit,"

"Then what'd you do?" He folded his arms and at this moment he looked so sexy.

"I took my doctors advice," I smiled. He stared at me with confusion smeared into his face. "I'm going back to work after about 9 months?" I acted like I had to think about it.

"Why nine- oh!" His face went from "huh" to "omg". "You're?" I began nodding with a big smile on my face. "You're having my baby? You're pregnant again?!"

"I've been taking the medication the doctor gave me to help and...." I gestured to my belly. "Don't get too excited, it's still too early to tell if we're going to be able to go the full pregnancy,"

"No, don't say that. I've prayed too much and so have you and your pastor," Andrew said.

"And our parents, and the kids," I added on. He laughed and nodded. I really wanted to save this surprise for his birthday but he knows me too well.

"I'm so happy!" He picked me up and spun me around. "I love you! I love you! I love you!" We kissed a deep passionate kiss, it was slow and meaningful. It felt as if I poured my soul into this kiss.

"I love you too baby," I smiled. I looked up at him and laughed. "Our kid is going to be a giant," Andrew is around 6"3 or 6"4 and I'm 5"9.

"He'd better play basketball," Andrew laughed.

"He?" I smiled.

"Yep," he popped his lips while saying that. "We can have a girl later," I nodded. I want a boy too.

"Okay Mr. Taylor," I quickly kissed his lips.

"Thank you, future Mrs. Taylor," he smiled. Whenever he smiles his blue eyes twinkle and it's the most beautiful thing ever.