Chapter 38

"Happy birthday to you!" Everyone sang. Our parents are here along with our siblings. He invited his aunts and uncles and of course they came with his cousins.

"How old are you now?" We sang. I can't believe I'm older than him, he acts like he's older than me.

"29!" He yelled and I thought about our one year age difference, I'm 30.

"Happy birthday to you!!!!" We all cheered and clapped. He made a wish and blew out his candles.

"Dad! What'd you wish for?" Xavier called out.

"Can't tell you," Andrew winked. "Now my presents!" He sounded like a child on Christmas. We all laughed at his childishness and one by one handed him presents. He's grown so his cousins mostly bought him liquor and wine. Yes, there's a difference.

"We have one for you!" Calayah announced. "Can I use the projector grammy?" She asked Mrs. Taylor.

"Of course," Mrs. Taylor smiled then ordered her husband to bring it out. She ran her hands through her red hair as we waited. Elise sat with Xavier and Calayah, whispering about God knows what.

"Thanks gramps!" Xavier smiled at his grandfather. Elise hooked her computer up to the projector, Xavier turned off the lights, and Calayah made sure we could all see.

After the video Andrew hugged them all for a while then let them go.

"Where'd they even get the time to record us?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"You guys never pay attention," Calayah shrugged. "I do things all the time, like take cookie-" Xavier covered her mouth and she widened her eyes.

"Whoops!" She stepped away and Xavier rolled his eyes.

"You're crying?" Elise smiled, changing the subject and he shook his head with his back facing us. "Yes you are," she hugged him again.

"I love you guys too," Andrew told them then wiped his face as he sat back in his chair. Everyone awed at them but he's not done getting presents.

"I have the last present," I announced.

"What is it?" Andrew asked with his one of his eyebrows raised. I pulled out a wrapped box from my purse and handed it to him.

"Open it," I began recording him and he slowly opened the box.

"It's wrapped in tissue paper," he laughed.

"Tear it off," my eyes began watering. He slowly ripped off the tissue paper and his mouth dropped. "Surprise!" I cried. He looked up at me with wide mouth and eyes.

"Babe?" He asked.

"What is it?" My nosey mama asked. He handed her the ultrasound picture and she screamed. His mom took it from her and they both squealed.