E L E V E N

Janet's POV

We had returned to school and I was currently sitting with my friends outside on the field for lunch. And we were looking at the cloud while Matt had his arm wrapped around me.

"That cloud looks like a elephant." I said pointing at a cloud.

"It looks like a dick to me." Matt said pointing.

"Thats it's eyes and nose." I huffed.

"Can I borrow Janet for a moment?" I recognized that voice anywhere.

I jumped up from Matt's arm to see Luke smiling at me.

"Yeah I'm free we weren't doing anything important." I giggled.

"Yeah...nothing important." Matt sighed sadly.

I smiled down at Matt and he gave me a thumbs up.

As we were walking away, we stopped right under my favorite apple tree.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go get dinner sometime?-But it's alright if you don't want to." Luke said quickly.

"Yeah that would be pretty cool." I smiled up at him.

"I'll text you the details." He winked but sorta failed.

"Awe you're adorable when you are awkward." I said walking backwards with my hands in the pockets of my skinny jeans.

He just smirked watching me walk away.

So I turned around just to make sure I didn't trip over a rock or bimbo into anyone.

When I got back to Matt he immediately started asking me questions but was caught off with the bell ringing so I ignored his questions and walked back to class.

After class I was walking home. When I heard what sounded like steps.

I turned around but I saw nothing...

Odd.

I continued walking listening to Arctic Monkeys, when I heard a few leaves crunch but when I turned around no one was there.

So I continued walking and I turned a house waiting for whoever might have been following to show up.

Of course it could always just be my imagination but I doubt it.

That's when I heard the steps getting closer and I got ready to fight if I had to.

That's when a body popped up and I punched them right in the face.

That's when I noticed who it was...

Luke.

His head went back to its upright position, as if nothing had happened.

"Luke what are you doing here?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Oh um looking at the scenery." He said putting his hands in the front of his pocket.

"Uh huh." I said rolling my eyes, and continuing home.

"Wait, wait." He said catching up in a second.

"Well I was sorta wondering if we could like...hang out? Maybe go to the movie theaters?" He asked.

"I-" I started but was interrupted.

"Great, I'll be go to your house after I change," he said turning the house corner.

I laughed when he turned back his head, "Oh and by the way, the dinner with my family is tomorrow, it will be formal." He said before disappearing back around the house.

Formal? Does that mean a dress? I don't have any dresses.

Guess I'm gonna have to go to a store with Gabs and shop...

Curse you Hemmings and you stunning good looks I thought as I opened the door and walked in to find my dad drunk and asleep.

I rolled my eyes and walked up to my room finding Gabs in my walk in closet.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Getting things for your date." She sassed.

"How did you-" But she cut me off.

"I may or may not have been eavesdropping." She shrugged getting out my best pair of skinny jeans.

After choosing that she ushered me into the bathroom to take a shower.

After my my bath I got into my room to see the outfit she had chosen.

Black skinny jeans, black high healed boots, a grey shirt, and green vest.

Once putting it on I looked in the mirror I looked pretty good.

"You look hot, do you want make up?" Gabs asked pulling out her makeup bag.

I nodded and she started working, she put winged eye liner, a bit of lip gloss, and a little concealer for my natural blush.

"Do you have perfume, and can you do my nails?" I asked.

She looked at me as if I was crazy.

But I know why. I don't wear perfume, or paint my nails. Plus I didn't wear high heeled shoes without a fight.

But she listened anyway.

She did on the other hand force me to wear some Victoria Secret undies.

She quickly sprayed me with a nice smelling perfume. And she painted my nails a fancy black with shiny tiny grey stars in the corner.

That's when I heard a knock on my window.

Gabs opened the curtains to reveal Luke standing there in his ripped skinny jeans and his signature flannel that was opened to reveal his black shirt underneath, and he was wearing a beanie since it was sorta fresh and slightly cold outside.

Gabs smiled at him and gave me a wink, and I headed towards him as she spanked my ass whispering "get some" in my ear.

Luke jumped down off my porch as if nothing.

I was gonna reach for the tree when Luke said, "jump I'll catch you."

I looked down.

I stepped over the fence keeping myself up by stepping on the small part of floor that held me.

"You sure you can catch me." I said looking down at him. I felt like having a heart attack looking at the drop.

"I promise I would never let hurt come to you." He said.

Once I laid my eyes on his I just got the feeling that I could trust him.

I just released the hold on the railing and jumped.

I shut my eyes really tight until I felt myself land against something hard.

I opened my eyes and I had fallen on Luke and we were on the floor and him letting out a chortle of laughter.

When we got up, we dusted ourselves off and Luke grabbed my arm as we headed to his car that was parked at the end of the block.