T H I R T Y T H R E E

I woke up to find Luke asleep on the chair next to my bed with his head lying on my stomach.

His soft snores could be heard.

My head didn't hurt much.

The door opened and the doctor walked in causing Luke to wake up.

"Babe," Luke said hugging me, well more like crushing me causing a shriek to fall out of my mouth.

"Fuck, I'm sorry, where does it hurt? Do you need water? Do you want food? Medicine? Do you remember anything? Did you wake up with amnesia?" Luke continued to ask questions as the doctor told me that in time my bruises would heal, and asked if I wanted to call the police on the accounts of my dad.

"Thank you, but no." I said.

"What?! You're not gonna put that fucker in jail?!" Luke said almost shouting.

"Well he's still my father," I shrugged.

The doctor left after checking my vitals making me sigh in relief.

"Looks like I won't be able to go with you to that wedding." I managed to laugh with only slight pain.

"Well actually the wedding isn't until next week. The doctor said you should be up and running by then. But if you don't go, I won't go." He smiled down at me and pecked my lips.

He slowly and gently wrapped his arms around me and put his head on my neck.

I could feel warm, hot tears rolling down my face, "I thought I might have lost you forever." Luke croaked.

I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"And I thought I would never see your beautiful blue eyes, huge bright smile, and ever feel your lips again." I sighed breathing in Luke's expensive cologne.

"You are coming to live with me." Luke smiled down at me.

"What?" I asked confused. But then again he just witnessed my father beat the living day light out of me so I get his point.

"I never want to see you by that mother fucker ever again."

Luke said putting one hand on the side of my face.

"I love you." Whoops, those words slipped out.

Shit I didn't mean to say them out loud.

What if he never wants to see me again?

What if he freaks out?

"I love you too." He smiled down at me as he crashed his lips against mine.