Chuck Imagine

"What if Chuck was in the Glade when Newt tried to kill himself." Was the thought that came to my mind while I tried to sleep. So this is probably going to be sad.

Chuck's POV

When I woke up this morning, I thought, 'today is going to be a great day' however that's how I always think when I wake up. The world was full of possibilities. Frypan might make his famous blueberry muffins for breakfast, Minho might find a way out of the Maze, Gally might be in a good mood this time. Oh I was so excited to see what this day will have in store.

I whistled around the Glade as I began my chores. I hate being the Slopper but this morning I was in such a good mood. But when lunch time came I felt like something was unsettling. I frowned and couldn't shake this feeling. Gally actually notice me.

"Hey Chuck, you okay?" He asked.

"I don't know." I answered.

"This morning you were all giddy and chirping as usual. Something on your mind?"

"I don't know. Something feels.... Off. Like something bad is going to happen. Or has happened."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I can't shake it off." He raised an eyebrow. "Gally?"

"Yeah?"

"Where's Newt?"

His face suddenly went pale. "Alby asked me that earlier. I'm gonna go talk  him. You go help Frypan wash the dishes."

"Gally, is everything okay?"

"Just go." He ordered. I went to wash the dishes with Frypan. But nearly an hour later I heard shouting. I ran outside where all the commotion was going on. Everyone was crowding around Newt who was screaming and holding his leg. I ran over but Gally blocked my way.

"Gally what's wrong with Newt?" I asked in a panic. I tried to look over him to see but he was moved around so I wouldn't see.

"Chuck get back to the Homestead now!"

"Is Newt okay? Is he hurt?"

"Chuck just go! Now!"

"Gally please tell me what's wrong?" I begged.

"Damn it Chuck, just go!" He ordered. He had worry in his eyes. I knew that something was wrong. I ran to the Homestead.

Hours later I was still worried about Newt. I was determined to bug Gally to tell me what happened. I found him outside walking slowly.

"Gally," I called.

"Go away, Chuck." His voice sounded sad and weak.

"Gally is Newt okay?"

"He's fine." His voice didn't sound convincing.

"What happened?"

"Nothing."

"Gally please tell me." He turned around. He sighed.

"I don't know if I should be telling you this. You wouldn't understand."

"I can try." He sat on the grass. His arms on his knees. He patted the spot right next to him for me to sit. I sat next to him waiting for a response.

"Do you know what suicide means?"

"No."

"Well it means that someone kills themselves."

"Why would anyone want to do that?"

"Because-" he paused. "See I told you wouldn't understand."

"Just tell me, I can handle it."

"Okay, well. People can be sad about being alive. Some people find it difficult to find happiness in everything like you do. That's what Newt has."

"Are you saying that Newt tried to kill himself? Why?"

"I don't know Chuck."

"He always smile when I see him."

"I know."

"Can I see him."

"No, he wants to be alone and if you talked about it to all the other Gladers I'll knock your head into those walls! Do you understand me?"

"I think so. Try again without the threat this time."

He sighed and rolled his eyes. He looked back at me. "Promise me that this whole Newt thing never happened. When you wake up tomorrow, you won't talk about the incident with anyone else. It never happened. Promise me?"

"Pinkie swear." I held my pinkie finger up. He rolled his eyes again.

"Yeah sure," he wrapped his little finger around mine. "do you pinkie swear promise to never speak of the incident."

"I promise." And I meant it. And I kept my promise.