Newtmas Imagine

Based on the song Heaven By Beyonce

Thomas and Newt, two friends maybe more than friends, sat together near a river Thomas could see his and Newt's image in the reflection of the river. They talked about the dark times they fought together.

"No matter what we went through it made us stronger," Thomas said still looking at their reflections. "Made me stronger."

"You said it, Tommy." Newt agreed. "We made some great memories. Which made us stronger."

At first, Thomas didn't know what that meant. Then he thought about it, Newt meant us as in him and Newt. Their friendship. Their love. It was all they needed. Their love for each other and their love for the other Gladers. Some of their love wasn't strong enough to keep all of the Gladers on this crumbling Earth. He had to let them go. To move on.

"Yeah." Thomas agreed. But his voice was cracking. "Is sad though-"

"Yes," Newt interrupted quickly. "Heaven couldn't wait for them."

Thomas paused. "Heaven couldn't wait for you." He still stared at Newt's reflection of the river. Refusing to lose his gaze into Newt's eyes. His lips no longer trembled when speaking his name, he no longer cried, he no longer can see Newt's face on other people's face, and he no longer can hear his voice in his head. Thomas knew it was time for him to accept. "Newt, I have to let you go."

"Tommy." Newt began but gave up trying to fight with him.

"So go on," Thomas said, with all the strength he had. "Go home." Thomas finally broke his gaze from Newt's reflection and shifted his eyes next to him. Where his friend would be beside him according to where the reflection showed. But there was nothing. Nothing was there. Not Newt. Not even a bug.

He let out a heavy sigh. A smile slowly spread across his face. Like a weight had finally lifted from his shoulders. Newt was gone. Forever. And he finally accepted it. 

Sorry for breaking your hearts. Most of my posts have been Beyonce related, I'm sorry for that. 

Question: If you have a Spotify what playlist do you usually listen to?

Answer: My R&B playlist and my sad music playlist