Headcannon continued

"Dean," Castiel spoke "I must tell you something."

"What is it, Cas?" Dean asked, concerned.

"There was another reason why I wanted to pull you out of Hell."

"You wanted to pull me out?"

"You think they let any angel to pull someone out of preemption?" Castiel sighed. "No, a very very, very long time ago I was human."

"You were human? When?"

"Back when Earth was scorched by the solar flares."

"But that was..." Dean paused.

"I know, 10,000 years ago."

"You're older then I thought."

"I was much more younger back then. I was twelve years old when they put me through the trials along with the other tested children. I died during the end of the Maze trial."

"You were twelve?"

"Yes, and my point I'm trying to make is that you are the descendent of the boy who ended the Trials. You and Sam."

"We were?"

"Yes, he was a very good friend of mine. My... Best friend. I saved him because they needed him to survive the Scorch trials and the Flare. If I hadn't sacrifice my life for him. You would not have existed."

"But you were just a kid."

"Yes, I was but a child. But he was my only friend. I couldn't bare to loose him. Even if it costed my life." There was a long silence between him and Dean. But Castiel knew Dean would make a joke to break the quietness soon.

"So," Dean began. "Do I look like him?"

"Not at all and you don't act like him either." Castiel spat. "But," he calmed. "You are brave like he was. And Sam is as smart as he was, and you both are determine to protect the people you love. Just like Thomas."

Dean smiled a little bit. "Do you remember what your name was?"

"The name they had given me," Castiel answered. "Was Chuck."