His Panic Attack- Thomas

Includes actual advice for people with anxiety or panic disorders.

"I'm scared, YN." Thomas cried. He's been a through a lot of stress lately. "I'm really scared."

"Thomas," you say, "it's going to be okay•

"What if it's not okay? What if it won't ever be okay?" He started breathing rapidly and he fell to the ground.

"Thomas calm down."

"I can't.... I can't..... I can't breathe." He gasped. Holding his chest. Tears flooded his eyes. He was having a panic attack. He doesn't get those often. But you do and you know exactly what to do.

"Thomas, listen to me. Okay. Find five things you can see."

Still gasping for breath he looked around.

"Okay," he replied. "Trees...Goats...Newt..." he stumbles

"Two more keep going." You encourage.

"Clouds... and the Maze."

"Okay now name four things you can touch." He stopped crying but he was still having trouble breathing. He rubs his hand on the ground.

"Grass..." his hand moves towards your fingers. "Your hand..." his fingers enclosed in yours. He ran his other hand through his hair. "My hair..." then rub his face. "My face..."

"Now name three things you can hear."

"Birds... Glader's talking. What is the point of this!" He started cry and short breathing again.

"It's called grounding. It helps you find control of your surroundings. Now one more."

"Your voice." He added softly.

"Now two things you can smell."

He started to breath normal. "Dirt... and I don't know air."

"Okay, now name one thing you can taste."

"I can still remember tasting Frypan's bacon." He smiled. Then took a deep breath in relief.

"Feel better?" You ask.

"Yeah." He replies.

Holy shuck I haven't updated in like three weeks. Only because I've been working on school work and more theater stuff. I got a lead in Addict, I have a really hard science class which I am stressed about, I'm a room captain for our schools Haunted House. Just wow so much.

QOTU: Do you have anxiety?

Answer: yes. But I don't think I have ever had a panic attack. I get nervous about everything and I get bad thoughts and I start to cry and I can't stop crying and it's embarrassing because it happens a lot during class. And I'm just like "Not now!"