My Thomas

So a month ago a dear friend of mine died at the age of 33. I haven't talked about it because I felt it was too soon and I thought no one would care. It's sad because his name was Thomas. When I started reading The Maze Runner I asked him if he liked being called Tommy. He said no because many of his cousins was named Tommy. And now when I hear the words "Please Tommy Please" it hurts a little.

It hurts a lot. He was an amazing guy and a great director at my school. It still feels weird not seeing him in my drama class. He was supposed to direct our next play but... So our drama teacher is taking over. She and him were very good friends and his death has been really hard on her. On a lot of us. I remember when he first cast me as an ensemble for my first show Footloose. My last musical with him was Meet Me in St. Louis and I had my first Secondary Role with my own song. I don't normally talk about my personal life like this I just thought I could talk to someone.

After his death I felt very lost. I never had someone this close to me besides an old distant friend die so soon. It still feels like he's coming back so it hasn't hit me yet. If you're wondering what stage of grief I am. I've hit all of them this month and not even in order. The first day was both denial and sorrow, then after his funeral was anger. I was so mad at everything even at my friends. So I don't really know what's going on with me. It's been pretty hard catching up on school. I feel like everything is off balance. Sometimes I feel like this is all a joke that Tom is playing. Sometimes I can hear his sarcastic voice in my head.

Really all I really want right now is for Thomas to come back.