chapter thirty-nine

"Are you excited?" Judy asked me while she walked in to my room.  I was currently filling up my suitcase with clothes and other things I would need. We were going to see my mum in Sydney this week. "I guess." I sighed.

There were so many things I was planning on doing this Spring Break and visiting my mum wasn't one of them. "She is still your mum, Hannah." She said while she sat down on my bed, looking at how I was folding some of my clothes. "She was never home and when she was, she was either drunk, high or abusive. Or all of them together. I don't really know how to feel when I walk through that door again." I said.

I sighed and laid down next to Judy. "I don't want to go, I honestly don't want to go." I sighed. A tear rolled down my cheek. "Aw babe, come here." She smiled and she wrapped her arms around me.  "We're only there for three days, two nights, it's over before you realize." She smiled.

I nodded and got up to pack my last few things. "So when are we leaving?" She asked. "In an hour." I smiled. She walked over to her own room, probably to continue packing. 

My phone rang, I smiled. "Hey baby." I heard Ashton's voice through the phone. "Hey." I smiled and sat down. "So when are you leaving for the airport?" He asked me, I groaned. "Ugh, in an hour, but I don't want to go." I sighed. 

"It's over before you know it." He said. "That's exactly what Judy said." I sighed. "Well, how are you? Beautiful boyfriend." I smiled. "I'm fine, we're off for the week, so we're probably going to LA to see some mates." I nodded. I hoped he would visit me, but his mates are very important as well and he hasn't seem them in a longer time. "Nice." I smiled.

"Well, I know you good enough to know that you're not finished packing, so I'm heading back to bed." He laughed. I loved his little giggle, it made me smile, always. "Okay, I miss you." I smiled. "I miss you too, love you." He said. "Love you." And then I disconnected. I hated being alone, I missed Ashton. I really needed him.

But other than that, I had to continue packing. Eventhough I wouldn't mind missing my flight. I smiled and grabbed some chelsea boots and put them in my carry on.  I was only taking my carry on with me, no need to take a huge suitcase for only a three days. 

I applied some makeup and then afterwards, I threw my makeup bag in to my suitcase too. "Are you almost finished?" Judy said, leaning against the doorframe. "Almost." I said, realising it was all actually happening. "Good, because Adam is going to be here in ten minutes." 

I looked at her. "I still have to eat breakfast!" I basically yelled. 

I checked everything I packed, just to make sure that I had packed everything. "Okay I'm done." I said to myself. I closed my suitcase and walked down the stairs. "Hey Adam." I smiled at Adam, who was sitting on one of the bar stools at the kitchen island.

I walked over to the fridge and looked at what we had in it. It wasn't filled, but I found some eggs. I checked the time, I had ten minutes left. Enough time to make some eggs and eat them. I cracked them in the heated pan and just waited for them to be done. 

I looked outside and saw that it was raining. I smiled, rain is one of my favorite things. I always liked the smell of rain. Everything about rain comforted me, it gave me the feeling that it was okay to cry, because even the clouds did.

I sat down to eat my eggs, and heard Adam and Judy talking. "So how long are you staying?" He asked her. "I think two nights, but if it really doesn't go well, I think we might crash at a hotel nearby." She said.

I shook my head, why would she just not tell me? She sometimes acts like she's my mother, but she isn't. She sometimes is too protective over me and I did not like it. "I hope it just goes well, I hate seeing people fight, especially mothers and daughters." She sighed.