chapter forty-four

"Are you almost ready?" Ashton practically yelled from the kitchen of the penthouse, to where I was busy, the bathroom. "Give me ten minutes!" I yelled back and I heard a soft chuckle.

Ashton was taking me out tonight, we were going to a restaurant, not too special, it was in the hotel itself, so that we wouldn't get mobbed and have a romantic dinner without having our bodyguards as our wing men.

I pulled my dress down and put on the heels that I brought in my small suitcase, I then looked at myself in the mirror and smiled, I felt pretty.

I haven't felt pretty in a long time, I just smiled, grabbed the small bag I was taking and then I walked out of the bedroom. "I'm ready!" I yelled and Ashton walked in to the living area. His jaw dropped, "You're gorgeous." He said and walked over.

His dress shirt was nicely tucked in and he was wearing his black tie. I grinned and then kissed him softly, "Thank you, you don't look bad yourself." I laughed and then he stuck out his tongue. He held out his hand and I took it in mine, I grinned and he then grabbed his phone. "Let's go, my love." He laughed and opened the door for me, ready to walk through.

We walked down the long corridor that led us to the elevator, and then, once we got to the elevator, we got in to it. We waited for just a few seconds until it was at the bottom floor. "We're doing starter, main and dessert." He said while we walked in to the very fancy looking restaurant.

It was the kind of restaurant where millionaires went for a 'normal' dinner. "It's beautiful." I smiled, I hadn't seen it before, but I was overwhelmed by how chique it looked. "Just like you." He whispered in to my ear and then I grinned.

Soon, a lady walked over and smiled politely. "Welcome to the Glass Brasserie, how can I help you." She smiled politely and then Ashton looked at her, "I had a reservation for Irwin." He said and she nodded.

She led us to a little bit more in the back, it was a bit more quiet and she pointed at a table. "Thank you." I smiled sweetly while sitting down. "Can I get you something to drink yet?" She asked and I looked at Ashton.

"I'll have a beer please," He said. "Uh, I'll have a normal coke." I said politely, she scribbled it down on the paper and then walked away.  Ashton put his arm over the table and grabbed my hand in his. "I've missed you so much these past weeks." He smiled and I just squeezed his hand softly.

"I've missed you too, it's so weird not having you guys here. Especially you." I laughed. He chuckled softly, "Do you remember Cole?" I asked him and he nodded, "Yeah, why?" He said. "He and Adam are dating!" I laughed and Ashton's jaw dropped.

I had already told him Adam came out to me and Judy, but Ashton didn't expect him to have a boyfriend this soon after he came out. After I told him the whole story, it got silent for a little second, until out starter got served.

"So what are you planning on doing on Spring Break when I leave again?" Ashton said. I was a bit annoyed that he had already brought up him leaving when we just got to be together again. But I ignored it because Ashton was just interested. "Me and Judy were planning on throwing a party at the house." I said softly.

Ashton just smirked, he knew I wasn't that much of a party animal but if I could throw the biggest party of the year then I am definitely up for it.  "God I just can't stop thinking of how much I have missed you."  He then said. I flushed my cheeks, holding his hand. "I missed you too." 

This date was going really well, it was different from out other dates, that usually weren't in a restaurant. But this was fun for some change. It didn't matter what we would do, as long as Ashton was here with me. 

When our main course was served we talked more about the food and about how Calum makes ramen almost every night they are on the tour bus.

Small details I am missing because I ain't there with them.