chapter twenty-two

The rest of the break was filled with endless chatter until Michael called me. I smiled, got my phone and answered  "Hey Mickey, everything alright?" I smiled, I always loved hearing his voice, even if it was for two minutes between classes. 

"No." I sat up straighter. Something  scared me since it wasn't Michael's voice. "I miss you." It wasn't Michael it was Ashton. I laughed at him and smiled "Who don't you call me on your own phone, stupid." I grinned, grabbing a cookie from the little kitchenette.

"I don't know, I'm laying on Michael's bed and I could reach his phone and mine was on my own bed." I grinned. "Well, I miss you too." There was a silence for a few seconds, but then Ashton started talking again. "By the way, we have to tell you something at home."

What would they possibly want to tell me that I didn't already know? It made me scared for a single second. I thought for a few more seconds, and then the bell rang which ment I had to get back to class.  "Uh, okay? I have to get back to class now, can you tell me after?" I asked, "yeah, sure, no rush, bye baby." I smiled, "bye, I love you."

We switched some more 'I love you's' until Adam and I made our way over to our next period. It was science, so we could sit together. He was talking about his family, which I asked him about. And when we walked in we sat in the back of the classroom and talked some more.

"I know it may sound weird, but do you mind of I come over with you after school? If that's okay. I know we literally met today, bu, I mean, I'm probably home alone and I rather not get bored." I smiled, "Sure." We gave each other a high five at the exact point Ashley walked in with her 'clique'. And she walked over to us.

"Hi, Aron right? This is my seat." I looked up, raising my eyebrows, seeing Ashley staring at Adam. "It's Adam. And you can find yourself another seat." I glared at her as she didn't get the time to think about a comeback, because my attention was already focussed on Adam again.

She walked away as Adam and I just stared at each other for a few seconds, then burst in to laughter.  "Who does she think she is?" He then said, I chuckled. "My cousin." His eyes widened as I just patted his shoulder. "It's okay, I live with them as you probably know and we had a fight this morning."

He nodded as he focused on the teacher who walked in. We just payed attention to class. I somehow liked science, because of all the chemicals you use and you never know what is going to happen.

When we finished school, we made our way over to Judy and her co-workers. "Hey girl." I hugged Judy as we walked over to them. We walked out of the school and saw Calum and Ashton leaning against the car.  They both wore a sleeveless shirt and sunglasses. I saw Ashton smile when we got closer.

"Hey beautiful." He said, making me grin as I kissed him. His hands softly wrapped around my waist. "Uhm, I brought people." He let go of me as they all waved. "This is Adam, he's new too and well, he's cool." We laughed as I explained them who Adam was. 

We got home soon after and through the window, I could see Michael and Luke both laying on the couch, probably bored out of their minds.  Eventually, we had all walked back to our bedroom and started chilling. My aunt and Ashley have been very distant lately and when I asked Michael about it, he said that was what he wanted to talk to me about.

"Angie wants us to find our own flat. We bring too much energy and she is getting tired of it." I took in what Michael just told me and honestly, I understand it completely. "If you're looking for a big flat without neighbours, like two or three streets away from my flat is this huge flat, well mansion, it's for sale. It has like, six bedrooms, a hot tub and a pool." Judy spoke up.

I think we all let that sink in for a second. "Sounds good, and I think we have enough money for it. At least, it isn't the biggest problem." Luke spoke, Adam looked a bit uneasy, knowing he was in a room with four young millionaires. I gave Luke a look and he bit his lip, realising he sounded a little vain.