chapter eightteen

After a long day at school, we got home and I almost immediately ran upstairs and fell down on Ashton's bed. I was exhausted, but it was great today. Ashley's friends seemed to like me and I really liked them, the only thing I don't like is the girls that gasp when I walk past them.

Guess I just should get used to it, but it won't be the same, I will never be unseen. I realized that I didn't actually know if I wanted this. Did I want this life? All the thoughts made the last bit of energy leave my body and I fell asleep quickly after that, a harmless little beauty-sleep.

It was, harmless, until I felt a tall and broad body collaps with mine, and we sunk in to the bed. I woke up quickly and realised that Ashton was laying on top of me, really uncomfortable. He realised that when I tried to move. "Hey baby, had a nice sleep?" I heard him say and I groaned, unable to speak because he was half-way chocking me.I

He started to tickle me and I giggled, "Let go!" Was the only thing I could try and get out but when I started feeling numb in my legs it was enough and Ashton got up. "You know, you could just wake me up in a normal way, right?" I said, getting up and walking over to the mirror to fix my hair.

"Sorry!" Luke said, walking in and looking at me. I furrowed my eyebrows at him and he showed me a smile. "Are you ready to leave?" He asked me and I looked at him, "Yeah, just one second." I said, looking back at myself in the mirror and realized that some of my makeup was smudged.

I re-did it meanwhile the boys had all gathered in our room as well, either on their phones or laughing together. I picked out a pair of black jeans with knee-holes, a flannel and sleeveless denim vest and I turned around. I looked at the boys, raising one eyebrow and without me having to say anything, the three got up and left the room.

Ashton could care less, we were comfortable around each other in our underwear, I just undressed and got in to my clothing while Ashton was talking about a story. I laughed at it and then when I was finished, I walked over and sat down in his lap.

"Oh, there you go." He laughed and I stuck out my tongue. "Shut up." I groaned and then our lips connected. Our tongues twirled together like it was a choreographed dance, my hands found his hair, pulling it slightly. 

His hands found a tight grip around my waist, and he let himself fall back against the wall. It got more heated when his hands slipped down and he was now holding my ass. I smiled in to the kiss and couldn't help but let out a really soft moan. 

I heard Ashton laugh and then, the door opened and I was left in absolute horror. "I told you they were making out!" Calum laughed. Michael's face was full of horror as he looked at us. I quickly got out of Ashton's lap and starred at Luke who furrowed his eyebrows.

"You ready?" Luke eventually said very awkwardly, breaking the silence and I laughed. I pecked Ashton one last time, and then Luke grabbed my hand and pulled me down the stairs. I put on some black vans and my coat and we then walked out the door.

We got in to the car and Luke started driving, I didn't ask him where since I knew that the only thing he would say was 'it's a surprise'. I got my phone out and went on Twitter, and I wrote a new tweet;

"@Luke5SOS is taking me to a secret suprise, save me!" I chuckled, then I asked Luke to look in the camera for a few seconds, to shoot a selfie. He laughed and did his usual face. I posted it and then talked to some people. After five minutes the car actually stopped and I looked up to see that we were in a crowded place.

"Luke, where are we?" I sighed and looked out to see the paparazzi running over to our car and shooting pictures. "You'll see,  come on." He said, putting on his sunglasses and pulling up his hood. I followed his actions, putting on my round sunglasses and getting out of the car.

I covered my face with one hand, and I grabbed Luke's hand in a fast reaction of the crowded place. We pushed ourselves through the crowd, I was thankful for the one bodyguard that helped us. 

Once we walked through the glass doors, Luke dropped my hand and I just followed him. He walked over to the counter close to the entrance. We were in a really fancy place, and I still didn't know what this fancy place was but I realized that I'd probably find out soon. "Hey El." Luke said to the girl behind the counter.

"Hey Luke." She smiled and he looked at her, "Which one's free?" He asked her and she just typed things on her computer. "Three, nine and twelve." She said and Luke thought for a second. "We'll go with twelve." He said. She smiled, gave him some sort of key. 

Luke thanked her and then he walked away, making me follow him. He walked over to the elevator, pressed on twelve and then once we arrived at the good floor, we got out, and there was a huge studio. It looked more like a penthouse, with the windows but it was beautiful.

There was a huge set of couches in the first part, making it comfortable for the song-writers while they would write their songs. Then there were what looked like a thousands of buttons, the heaven of a music tech, it was crazy. 

In front of all of the buttons, there was a huge window and then behind it, a real recording studio. Decorated with red and gold carpets. In there were what looked like hundreds of different types of microphones and other recording stuff.

"Luke," I started, but soon after, I realised that there were no words that could describe my feeling. "I don't have words for this." I said and Luke opened the door that lead to the recording part. I looked at all the expensive stuff there was. 

This is the reason my brother left and I finally kind of understood why.

What an opportunity, I was the reason that he stopped at first. It made me almost guilty, I'd do exactly the same if I was in his shoes. The reason he left, was to get in to what he wanted since he started playing guitar. 

And I realized how amazing it is.

"So do you want to cover something?" Luke asked, I nodded shyly, this wasn't just some easy acoustic thing. This was in a microphone that probably was thousand dollars, with a headphone on. "Okay, you can just pick one of our older songs," Luke said and I nodded.

Luke walked out of the room and turned on one of the tech boards. He then walked back in, got me a microphone, adjusted it to my hight and then gave me a pair of headphones. I smiled and he then walked out, sat down and spoke in to a small microphone. I heard his voice in my headphones and laughed.

"Okay, pic a song and say it in to the microphone." He said, I thought for a second and then spoke in to the microphone. "Long Way Home." I smiled. He got out of his chair, walked over to some kind of drawer and got one of the many discs in there. 

He then walked back in to the recording room and gave me some tips. He gave me a lot of tips that worked amazing for me, like how I should stand to get most out of my voice, the way I should breathe and when, and then he walked back out.

"You will hear the music through your headphones, just sing along with it and stop after the first verse." He said through his own small microphone. 

He started the music, I started singing along with it and it felt amazing. It was crazy to do, it felt great and I knew why my brother left. Maybe I wanted to do this for a living as well.